Sign in to follow this  

1982 Honda CR80

Got it out of storage , drained the gas, and added new. Changed the gas filter. It started once 

now won't start or idle. Had it rebuilt to a 125 a few years ago after it blew up.

A friend from myrtle beach who I haven't seen since, fixed it for me one time fairly cheap but Don't remember what he did.

He was doing wheelies across the yard with it.

Got it out of storage , drained the gas, and added new. Changed the gas filter. It started once

now won't start or idle. Had it rebuilt to a 125 a few years ago after it blew up.

A friend from myrtle beach who I haven't seen since, fixed it for me one time fairly cheap but Don't remember what he did.

He was doing wheelies across the yard with it.

Take out spark plug, and see if it's wet. If it is, check for spark. If the plug isn't wet after kicking it over a few times, take off the carb and clean it. If there is no spark, then let us know.

Did all of the above got spark, plug not too wet. Hose coming from the bottom of the carburetor hanging loose where does it go?

Did all of the above got spark, plug not too wet. Hose coming from the bottom of the carburetor hanging loose where does it go?

That's probably just a drain hose, doesn't connect to anything. Did you try starting with and without choke? Try bump/roll starting it? How many times did you kick it over trying to start it?

That's probably just a drain hose, doesn't connect to anything. Did you try starting with and without choke? Try bump/roll starting it? How many times did you kick it over trying to start it?

Got the carb out went to get some cleaner. started it several times but wouldn't stay running. I'll check back when I run some cleaner through it.

Got the carb out went to get some cleaner. started it several times but wouldn't stay running. I'll check back when I run some cleaner through it.

Do you mean it dies when you try to rev it or it won't idle?

Okay cleaned the carb,and  blew it out with air hose. started right up but still won;t stay running. After starting, it won't start again.

Do you mean it dies when you try to rev it or it won't idle?

Dies when reved.