Sign in to follow this  

Dr 200 piston swapi

Hello.

I want to ask if there is any problem if I put the Lt 230s high compression piston in my qmt 200 (engine copy of dr 200) with the standard cylinder head?

I have to fix my engine, and I heard that I can put that piston in, without making any other modification, also put the lt 230s camshaft. does anyone have done this?

Can you tell me if this is right?

Thanks.

Pd: I'm from Colombia, so I don't have much access to engine parts, so I have to import what I can

this is why i want to improve my engine in sigles things, I can't afford a whole engine right now, or a cylinder head to import.

No those parts are not interchangeable. No affence but the Chinese garbage claims it's "clones of the jap motors" and they might be, but with crappy parts that wear and break easily.

I know that my bike uses same piston that the dr 200cc (66mm bore piston), anyway, I can totaly fix my engine with dr 200 spare parts, but what i want to know is that if put the lt 230s high compression piston in my engine, would it have trouble with the valvles or overheating issues? as well as fiting this same quad camshaft?

Just answer me as if I own a dr 200 engine, thanks

I want to apologize for the "just" word I user earlier, In spanish is not that rude, but I realize now how rude I was.

But I apreciate this answer, before I buy something I can't use.