Where do you order all your parts

Good question...and I think a distinct possibility.

We were just talking today about how the local shops are just charging a ton of money for things.

Example:  I called 5 shops here in town trying to find some specific trans oil.

Found it at one, and it was $10.80 for a liter.

I can get it delivered to my house (if I order $100.00 worth) for $7.99 a liter...and save myself driving time, aggravation with traffic, etc.

I have to imagine there are enough people paying the shop's price, otherwise they'd lower the price.  I guess if they want to stay in business anyway.

RMATV, motorcyclesuperstore.com and partzilla. Motorcyclesuperstore has really good close out deals and a free shipping coupon with every box Just got a pair of Scott 450 Series Race Pants for $19.99 list price is $98.00 and they seem like good quality so far

Edited by Jonathon_w
  • Like 1

I just used partzilla for my sons pw. Jug, head, piston/rings, bearings, etc for the top end was $260 shipped. Granted, itll ship later this week...but my dealer was $435, and rmatv, bikebandit, tt store, et al were all $320 or more.

Ive stayed local for small stuff. Otherwise i just open ten tabs on the internet and compare side by side.

• Like 1

For me it's usually a case of dollar value/how bad do I need it.

Partzilla shipping works off invoice price. There mid priced shipping option usually takes around 2 weeks to get to me, USPS shipping to canada is a joke compared to me shipping stuff south. I ship south for half the price and it arrives in under half the time.

If it's something I can wait two weeks to have, or I'm ordering in the winter I'll go partzilla anytime I hit $150 locally. Because partzilla lists MSRP and their price it's easy to figure out from home as my dealer charges the MSRP price.

I just used partzilla for my sons pw. Jug, head, piston/rings, bearings, etc for the top end was $260 shipped. Granted, itll ship later this week...but my dealer was $435, and rmatv, bikebandit, tt store, et al were all $320 or more.

Ive stayed local for small stuff. Otherwise i just open ten tabs on the internet and compare side by side.

As i say this, my *partial order just shipped lol. My last item is expected to ship at about the 2 week mark. Not to big a deal in this situation but keep that in mind

I like using my local shop for most things. One day my buddy broke his shifter, so we made a call and they did not have one in stock for his bike. The mechanic loaned us his personal shifter so we could still ride. Find service like that on the internet. Also when you buy from the local shop and the wrong part comes in it gets dealt with, with no hassle. I do buy my riding gear from the closeouts and my tires come from online.