Sign in to follow this  

2015 85's?

looking for an 85 and wanted to know if any of you have experience with then and what not, Im 14 years of age,race supermini and 250 novice. currently ride a 2012 crf150r(soon for sale). Im looking for an 85 to race in the mini sr. I currently have an 85 aswell butttt, i snapped the frame and it needs a new crank. so were starting fresh. looking at the 2015 kx85 or 2015 yz85. since the kawi stayed the same for 2015 if you guys could tell me some stuff about the 2014 and or 2015. i like the yamaha as it got a little bit of an update(finally). not interested in the ktm at all because we've had not so good luck with our ktm's in the past. any advice helps!

thanks guys!

what about a kx100?

I would assume he's riding in a 85cc class as he had a 150r before. They are allowed in the same class where as a kx100 is usually only good in a super mini class.

correct! using the 150 as our supermini unless we really like which ever 85 we get, then we will sell the 150 and get another 85 to turn it into a supermini or buy a 100.  if anyone has someone experience with them that would be great!

correct! using the 150 as our supermini unless we really like which ever 85 we get, then we will sell the 150 and get another 85 to turn it into a supermini or buy a 100.  if anyone has someone experience with them that would be great!

What about the new RM 85, they look ugly as piss but might be a good bike.

i had a 06 kx85 i think that was the year and a 09 kx100, they were both amazing bikes.

Go kx. Some good updates. Heavier than ktm which would be my choice. What problems have you had with the ktm ?? The yz is only cosmetic changes really and is like a 10 year old bike under the face lift. The rm isn't changed except "BOLD NEW GRAPHICS". I'd say ktm or kx.

ktm's have always been no bueno with us. our 65s were eh. and our 85 was just horrific. always going through cranks it seems like and we were rebuilding every 15 hours i believe. probably gonna go with the kx

All bikes are virtually the same. Just comes down to color preferences. Make sure to maintain it and keep it serviced regularly