Sign in to follow this  

How do I make my front brake stronger

So I've been coming across threads where people actually complain that it's to strong. With me that is definitely not the case. I rely on it a lot and sometimes it lets me down. Any tricks with out going oversize? It's a 2006

Oem pads, replace the fluid every year. New hose, if you look closely you will see your 2006 hose bulging out with application of the brake.

Edited by nzgsr

I'd start with bleeding them/replacing the fluid then go from there... that might fix your problem.

Change fluid as reccommende, use oem pads (Honda nissin pads are awesome). Then check your rotors with a micrometer. I would put money on it that they are worn on a 8 year old bike. I just put stock size galfer wave rotors and fresh oem pads on my 250. Nose wheelies are a piece. of cake. Huge difference and my rotors were just barely under min. Thickness. On my 2012.

Thanks for the help. Great info. Well if I need a new rotor anyway then I think I'm just gonna go oversized right off the bat to avoid any possible disappointment. Then I will just skip the new line since I checked it and it dosent bulge yet. I can get hooked up with tusk oversized parts on rm atv for 130 it looks like. That crfstuff is spendy! If it ends up being to much braking power I can just put cheap aftermarket pads in.

Can someone tell me basically how to bleed my brakes. I've never had to do this yet.

Edited by Berm-Saw

if your brake hose is the original from 2006, it will be making the problem worse. The rubber deteriorates quickly with age, even if it isnt being used. New fluid is a must, it is really only good for 6-12 months. Look up on youtube how to bleed a brake, but you will pump the brake handle, hold the pressure and crack open the bleed nipple on the caliper open for a second. Best to run a little hose off the bleed nipple submerged into a small container with brake fluid to avoid sucking air back into the system. Or use a one man bleeder tool.

Edited by nzgsr

I second the oversized from CRFstuff and the braided cable. Been awesome addition to my 2013 CRF250R!

A steel braided line will help a lot if it still feels spongy after bleeding it. You can get a "Tusk" steel braided line from Rocky Mountain for $45. The Tusk line is actually made by Galfer, a very high quality brake company.

Well I ordered a tusk oversized rotor, tusk steel braid brake line and oem pads and new oil...my shits gonna be stoppin. also ordered rocky Mountain radiator shroud graphics, that will help with stopping power also.

Well I ordered a tusk oversized rotor, tusk steel braid brake line and oem pads and new oil...my shits gonna be stoppin. also ordered rocky Mountain radiator shroud graphics, that will help with stopping power also.

Get all the air out, make sure the rotors are cleaned properly and break the pads/rotors in correctly. It will be a nice difference.

Nice setup man, let us know how it turns out. I've been considering getting that oversize rotor kit and would like to hear an opinion on it's quality.

Parts came today, this tusk oversize rotor kit and brake line look top notch, but the rotor didn't come with instructions, how does the new caliper re-positioner mount on, don't really know what's down and what's up, I might be able to figure it out but better ask to avoid any cussing.

Never mind I got it. It's a huge difference and I haven't even put on the new line and fluid in yet. The rotor was wayyyyy worn out, good thing I finally replaced it