Sign in to follow this  

Is there an Iridium spark plug available

Is there a iridium spark plug available to replace the stock NGK, I can't find a listing anywhere.

Not that I have seen. They are not really worth the money, just wear longer. I change mine every 3 oil changes as routine maintenance.

Not that I have seen. They are not really worth the money, just wear longer. I change mine every 3 oil changes as routine maintenance.

Really?? I went 50 hours on the same plug and felt bad when I replaced it when I put a top end in.

You change your plug every 3 oil changes?? Holly shiat that's a lot of plugs to go through. How often do you change your oil?

About every 200-300 woods miles or 400-500 desert miles which is about 3-5 rides depending on what I am doing and how wet the ride was.

Is there a iridium spark plug available to replace the stock NGK, I can't find a listing anywhere.

Yes there are two that I know of.  The easiest to find is the one for a RMZ450 and after talking to the NGK guys it's the closest fit.  I believe the projection is 1mm longer than the Kaw. but it's all OK.

I do run it and I have never had one fail.  I run them about 150 hours and change them out.  I change my oil every ride, weather it's 1.5 hours or 4 hours, every ride.

If your not sure, call NGK they will help you.