Sign in to follow this  

Well.... I have been converted

Hi all

, After riding 2 strokes for the last 4 years, i recently picked up a 2008 yz250f, and i must say WOW :jawdrop:  wish i had jumped on a four stroke years ago,

I am finding it hard to change my riding style but more hours in the seat will change that,

anyway, i have alot to learn about 4 strokes, so better get reading my owner manual :thumbsup::nz:

• Like 2

Farmer Steve,

Can you be specific? What has got you stocked?

Farmer Steve,

Can you be specific? What has got you stocked?

Nothing has got me stocked, but what i am "stoked" about is no more pre mixing, no more rebuilds every 20 hours, no more having to ride the pipe to get power, dont get me wrong, i love 2 strokes,

but after riding the 4 stroke, i find it has alot more useable power, its abit more forgiving, and for the type of riding i do (trails, beach and round the farm) i find i can relax and ride rather than always trying to keep foward momentum  and being on the pipe,

...no more rebuilds every 20 hours...

If you add some premix oil with your fuel you will not have to rebuild your smoker motor every 20 hours.

If you add some premix oil with your fuel you will not have to rebuild your smoker motor every 20 hours.

your post suggests that  i dont add premix?? :facepalm:   Id be surprised if it lasted 2 hours let alone 20 hours running it on straight gas,

Nothing has got me stocked, but what i am "stoked" about is no more pre mixing, no more rebuilds every 20 hours, no more having to ride the pipe to get power, dont get me wrong, i love 2 strokes,

but after riding the 4 stroke, i find it has alot more useable power, its abit more forgiving, and for the type of riding i do (trails, beach and round the farm) i find i can relax and ride rather than always trying to keep foward momentum and being on the pipe,

Welcome to the over 40 thumper club I'm with you farmer glad to hear your having fun again that's what it's all about
  • Like 2