Sign in to follow this  

TE Model questions

As I'm starting to look for a good DS bike the TE model line keeps popping up and at much more reasonable prices than an EXC.

What model year's are worth staying AWAY from? What year was cut over to Fuel Injection? Did these bikes come to US as street plateable like the EXC?

The te line is all two stroke. So no fuel injection. I assume you mean the fe line. Don't belive either of the lines have brake light just tail light.and no turn signals.

The dealership I bought my te250 from was willing to blue plate for me. But I didn't want the hassle.

As I'm starting to look for a good DS bike the TE model line keeps popping up and at much more reasonable prices than an EXC.

What model year's are worth staying AWAY from? What year was cut over to Fuel Injection? Did these bikes come to US as street plateable like the EXC?

2008 was the last year of the carb'ed bikes. 2009-2012 were the 70 degree motors. I don't think that they came to the us as plated from factory, but a bunch of people have converted them (just depends on the state). I had a street legal 06 450, pretty close to the ktm rfs motor. The fuel injected models had issues with fuel pumps, nothing ca cycle works and their pumps couldn't take care of. Well worth a look, either the carb'ed or fi bikes.