Sign in to follow this  

the name of these bearings

hi all, my son has a yz80 (00/01) I need to replace two bearings, I just need to know there proper names, here's a picture.

thanks.

yz80 engine1.jpg

Since manufacturers sometimes use odd and descriptive names for parts, take a look at Partzilla's web site and see what the manufacturer actually calls them.

thanks guys, is there any good uk places to go for spares? im trying to price up the parts.

They are probably bearings of standard dimensions and if you are in or near a larger metro area, a bearing house could match them but are there no good sources for OEM parts for you?

BTW- did anyone say welcome to TT ?!?!?!

Edited by motoxvet

The bearing on the right should say what it is.  It's most likely going to say something like 6203 or 6205 to indicate the size.  The metal shield on the right bearing would have a Z or a ZZ in the description to determine it if has one or two metal shields.  The one of the left does not appear to have any writing on it.  You'll just have to measure it and figure out what it is.

Do they not have any Yamaha dealers in England?

Edited by 1987CR250R

When I need a bearing, I take the old bearing to a bearing manufacturer, here they're called "bearing engineering" .. I needed a linkage bearing for my 125 &the oem bearing was $30, bearing engineering charged me $9.

• Like 1

ok guys thanks for the input, (thanks for the welcome motoxvet), I have a friend doing the job for me but its just nice knowing.

ok guys thanks for the input, (thanks for the welcome motoxvet), I have a friend doing the job for me but its just nice knowing.

Are you only replacing those two bearings, or all of them?  If just those two, then I'm curious why only those two would need replacing and the others are OK, and also how'd you determined that just those two are duds?

I was told buy a motorbike mechanic that these two are at fault, both of them have play, up and down, left and right.  

Seems rare that only those two would go. Certainly possible. Just rare.

If I was replacing transmission bearings, I'd be doing the lot.

You have to split the case halves to change those YZ85 bearings, right?

yeah needs to be split, I see your point on doing the lot, I think il get a price for that to.

• Like 1

yeah needs to be split, I see your point on doing the lot, I think il get a price for that to.

Those bearings aren't really that expensive and considering all the work to split it, I'd REALLY consider replacing them all.  IMO, I always use OEM for main bearings but for gearbox, I'd use a good brand US or Japanese brand (or maybe UK?) but avoid Chinese just to save a few shillings.