Sign in to follow this  

Forward Motion 2 Stroke Thoughts

I was curious if anyone has ever used Forward Motion for their 2 stroke engine services. I have a 2006 RM250, and I am considering sending them my cylinder and cylinder head to have them do their 295 big bore kit. Have any of you done this? Thoughts?

I was curious if anyone has ever used Forward Motion for their 2 stroke engine services. I have a 2006 RM250, and I am considering sending them my cylinder and cylinder head to have them do their 295 big bore kit. Have any of you done this? Thoughts?

id keep it a 250 but that's just me

I had a 295 yz kit from them that ran incredible.... Restoring an 01 rm right now and it has their 265cc kit in it. Still waiting on all parts to come in though, so I haven't started it or ridden it yet. They have done great work on all my stuff. I definitely would have gotten the 295 kit again, but it's not an option on the 01 rm. Only drawback I have noticed... Not real speedy, both motors were about a 3 week turn around door to door, but I also wasn't in a hurry, so I didn't push them.

You're talking about Eric Gorr / Mellennium Technologies. I have heard both good and bad, but by far the reports are mostly good. 

I would shoot an PM  to Derek Harris. He is a member here (harrperf) or hit him up on facebook;

https://www.facebook.com/derek.h.harris?fref=ts

I was looking hard at an EG 295 kit. After reading a lot of posts of harrperf here on the site and talking to him via PM, email and phone, I decided to use him. He also really helped me get my head around pros and cons of modded 250 vs 265 vs. 295 and different porting and head mod options. 

Tell him Kenpo1 (Jason) sent ya, and pick his brain, regardless of who you end up using. 

Edited by Kenpo1

You're talking about Eric Gorr / Mellennium Technologies. I have heard both good and bad, but by far the reports are mostly good.

I would shoot an PM to Derek Harris. He is a member here (harrperf) or hit him up on facebook;

I was looking hard at an EG 295 kit. After reading a lot of posts of harrperf here on the site and talking to him via PM, email and phone, I decided to use him. He also really helped me get my head around pros and cons of 265 vs. 295 and different porting and head mod options.

Tell him Kenpo1 (Jason) sent ya, and pick his brain, regardless of who you end up using.

+1

I had my engine ported by Harris, so far I'm happy...

+1

I had my engine ported by Harris, so far I'm happy...

Good to hear. I actually haven't finished getting my bike back together yet, so haven't ridden it with Derek's mods yet, however, he was very knowledgeable and helped me sort out what was what and what was likely best for my application (which ended up being different than what I originally was considering). 

First race is coming up here soon though so I've got to get the bike together! 

Thanks for the input, I have also been trying to get a hold of Jim at Passion Racing Engines in Tulsa. He built me a Yamaha Banshee motor about 5 years ago that absolutely screamed! I will shoot Derek Harris a message>

I would shoot an PM  to Derek Harris. He is a member here (harrperf) or hit him up on facebook;

I was looking hard at an EG 295 kit. After reading a lot of posts of harrperf here on the site and talking to him via PM, email and phone, I decided to use him. He also really helped me get my head around pros and cons of modded 250 vs 265 vs. 295 and different porting and head mod options. 

Tell him Kenpo1 (Jason) sent ya, and pick his brain, regardless of who you end up using