Sign in to follow this  

Anyone use this RAM mount on their DRZ?

i use the ram EZ on/off bicycle mount with a spring loaded quick release..

a badass mount! doesnt vibrate at all.. i mounted on my bar no problem

but im not sure what your mounting, so not sure if this is right for you

my gps garmin nuvi 50lm(used on ebay 45$)

CAM005561_zps03359546.jpeg

Edited by 707LAKE
  • Like 1

I use this mount on both my bikes. You can buy mounts for lots of different GPS units. 

mount.JPG

cradle.jpg

• Like 2

Hell yeah! Ram makes a great product! I'm running a hard mount connected to a extension and an xgrip for my phone on the extension. I've run 65 mph for a hour no problem, did 80+ speed passes, ran it on trails and single track and even crashed going 15 in a big rut and my phone has held on every time no problem! What's awesome Is how universal things are and how quick you can change mounts!

I use this mount on both my bikes. You can buy mounts for lots of different GPS units. 

Mine is similar, but actually wraps around the bar instead of bolting into the triple clamp.....it is WAY sturdy!

013_zps9f319d38.jpg

• Like 3

Mine is similar, but actually wraps around the bar instead of bolting into the triple clamp.....it is WAY sturdy!

013_zps9f319d38.jpg

That's how mine is also! I'm sure they make a good clamp but Idk if i would feel comfortable!

1408818562753.jpg

• Like 1

Does that GPS also show you how fast you are traveling?  and if so,  is the stock speedo the same MPH?

• Like 1

Does that GPS also show you how fast you are traveling?  and if so,  is the stock speedo the same MPH?

Not to butt-in-sky, but mine does......here's a closeup. Gives moving speed, average, elevation and always gives the fastest speed up in the corner....

Bestride-PaulinaPeak012_zps7748558c.jpg

And in answer to your question about the OEM speedo being the same.....no, they're not. Bike speedo is always faster by about 5mph......give or take.

• Like 2

Yeah, I have a bar RAM mount for my bicycle but I'm specifically interested in the one I linked to...I'd love to be able to mount stuff on there.

I use the EZ mount too, but it was a bear for me to get it tight enough that it would not rotate on my bars in rough rocky sections.  I heated the strap up slightly with a heat gun then quick tightened it.  I was able to get it to go one more click from where I initially had it which was enough to hold it in place.  Other than that, it is a nice mount and low profile too.

Not to butt-in-sky, but mine does......here's a closeup. Gives moving speed, average, elevation and always gives the fastest speed up in the corner....

And in answer to your question about the OEM speedo being the same.....no, they're not. Bike speedo is always faster by about 5mph......give or take.

Gotcha,  so 80mph would be more like 75mph in real life. 

• Like 1

I have the ball mount that attaches my Garmin GPS to the dash.  Here is the ball in the picture, I'll post another w/ the whole setup when there is light outside.

20140823_184546.jpg

Gotcha,  so 80mph would be more like 75mph in real life. 

Yep,......The fastest I've gotten the bike up to with my sprocket configuration was 93 on my speedo, but when I looked at the GPS "max speed" it read 87. So, I'd guess conservatively it's right around 5mph off, give or take.

• Like 1

I have the same Garmin and found the same 5 MPH difference from stock speedo. I have switched to a Trail Tech Vapor and it agrees with the GPS exactly. I used to think that the stock speedo error was due to sprocket changes but then I remembered that it reads from the front wheel so it must just come with the error.

On the mount question I have several Ram mounts and I love the ones that I have in my truck and crawler. The MC mounts are sturdy and work great but I wish they were lower profile.

• Like 1

I have the same Garmin and found the same 5 MPH difference from stock speedo. I have switched to a Trail Tech Vapor and it agrees with the GPS exactly. I used to think that the stock speedo error was due to sprocket changes but then I remembered that it reads from the front wheel so it must just come with the error.

On the mount question I have several Ram mounts and I love the ones that I have in my truck and crawler. The MC mounts are sturdy and work great but I wish they were lower profile.

I have been giving some serious consideration to getting a Voyager to clean up the cockpit look and like you say, get a lower profile. They come standard on the new Beta's and for some reason, they just look cool. My screen is a little on the small side and I would love to have something bigger. I mostly keep it in the screen mode (above) since I rarely get lost anymore and know where I am most of the time. Problem would be selling my old one and finding enough money to get the new one....I would also want that protective bracket and would keep the neutral light too. Oh well, one more thing to dream about...... :lol:

I have the "dashboard" along with the Vapor and my review of them both is mixed. The Vapor is excellent, the install was straight forward and it has been prblem free. The little lights in the dashboard have not worker correctly from the beginning. They come set up with some standard bulbs that fit correctly in the sockets and they work just fine. However they are not bright enough to be of any use in daylight. They also send a set of LED bulbs that can replace the standard ones but the LED bulbs do not really fit well. You can shove them in and get them to work but it is clear the bulbs were not designed for the sockets. They are bright enough (barely) but they don't work consistantly. I need to get in touch with Trail Tech and bitch and/or source some bulbs elsewhere.

Ram Mount.....................there still on topic  :goofy:

• Like 1

Scroll down the page to "RAM Motorcycle Handlebar Clamp Base with M8 Screws". I'm not sure it will work with the OEM handlebar clamp

http://www.rammount.com/Products/MotorcycleMounts/MountingBases/tabid/4748/Default.aspx

RAM-B-367U.jpg

I have this exact ball mount on my base. I have the 2 inch arm piece along with the universal phone cradle

RAM-HOL-UN7BUIU4-150x150.jpg

Edited by claydus

Do you think this ball mount will work with the zeta handle bar brace? The mounting bolts are counter sunk. I want to mount my iPhone above it. I don't like the mirror mount or universal U bolt options that RAM makes. This ball would be perfect. Thanks.

Here is a close view of the mount. You can see how the collar fits into the hole. If the bolts holding the Zeta brace are the same size as the stock ones, it should work.

ball.jpg

• Like 1