Sign in to follow this  

Best homemade hick fixes

Homemade filter i made today. share your wierd DIY on the trail, in the garage fixes.

1408818535884.jpg

• Like 2

+ 1 one the fire waiting to happen. That is like riding with the choke or worse. I have done plenty of repairs with out doing it the right way .i repair equipment for a living that down time is not an option and every repair that is not a scheduled shut down is considered an emergency. The latest being adding about 3 cups off pepper to seal a radiator on a 1.5 megawatt gen set

man oh man that looks like a fire waiting to happen

nah thats like saying all pod filters will catch fire and i did this because my filter got ripped in half by a branch and didnt want to suck dusty air all the way home.

the greatest fix of all time: in the move the worlds fastest Indian where the trailer wheel comes off and he replaces it with a stick 

No. The greatest fix was when Mc Gyver welded a conrod back together with an alternator and 2 pennies. The motor did run after the repair.

• Like 4

No. The greatest fix was when Mc Gyver welded a conrod back together with an alternator and 2 pennies. The motor did run after the repair.

Mcgyver is my jesus. Nuff said
  • Like 2

Tied a spanner to a snapped throttle cable (near the throttle grip) to get back into town.

Not that good really.

Cable tied a transfer case back to its arm after its mount snapped.

Others have happened, but don't come to mind. :(

• Like 3

My trail tech plastic inline thermostat housing broken in half (btw replace yours immediately if you have one with a aluminum one) out in the middle of the desert spewing my coolant everywhere. Borrowed my buddies husaberg spark plug wrench, knocked out the the roll pin for the handle out with a rock and the rubber stopped inside and used the spark plug socket part as a hard line to splice the radiator line back together and drinking water for coolant.

Edited by rharr
  • Like 3

i fix my bike properly

carry a whole bike along on the trails? Man that must be a pain in the ass
  • Like 3