Sign in to follow this  

Last Question for you guys!

I know I keep bothering you guys with stupid questions.. but heres my last one a little while. I recently sold my little pit bike(Which is fine with me too much work. barely had time to ride it) and theres a guy that offered to sell me his 2001 CR85 , he said he'll sell it to me for $280 since he never rides it and has had no offers over the month hes had it for sale and is finishing moving on monday. Its gonna be a nice step up from my 125 and little 1977 GT80. what I'm wondering is if this is a good deal, cause in my perspective its a great deal! it runs, the only thing wrong is a tiny crack in the seat.! it'll be an awesome bike, I've ridden a 2003 YZ85 so is it to compare to that in means of power and speed? will it be too much for me at 88lb and being 4'11?

thanks!

FadedVoices

cr85(1).jpg

cr85.jpg

$280 isint much for a bike i would take a look at it and see how it runs so its up to you. performance wise it should be simular to the yz 85 if that felt good to you then i yes it will be fine for your size

I met the guy and rode it around, it has some strong powerband and a lot of power. I was doing wheelies and to impress the and must say he was pretty dang impressed lol. Its a fun bike, its a big wheel so I have to have a block to stand on to kick start it. Neighbors aren't haply with me , this thing is LOUD

I'd check the oil for water and water for oil. If looks good. And has good compresion. Bye it.

Even if it did last 5 hours it's still a good bye. For $280...

Edited by Daniel1123590

yea they can be a bit loud it probly needs the silencer to be repact. if you like it and feel its a ood bike then i would buy it . you probly are ready for quiker bike keep the tranny oil fresh and the air filter clean and it should last even tho a piston change wouldint hurt 

My CR85 wasn't very loud with the stock exhaust, Normally pitbikes are stupidly loud with there 'Big bore' mufflers. Change alll the fluids, clean the filter and have fun!