Sign in to follow this  

Loudest 250f

Hi guys I am trying to sell my 2010 yz125 so that I can buy a 250f I am 15 and 150 pounds. The reason I am asking this is because I would like to buy the loudest 250f possible I have 2 bikes I like a stock 2011 kx250f and full pro circuit 2011 rmz250 which is louder or will I notice a difference ? Thanks for your help

It doesn't matter; just remove all the packing from the silencer and it should give you the results you need.  One better, just ride the bike without the silencer... just make sure you jet it correctly..

• Like 1

Hey guys I have a crf250x 04 with a new top end and valves. But I bought a yz125 as a project bike. I'm putting a new bottom and top end in it. I love my 250x but its a little heavy and maintenance cost too much. The crf250x is all stock. The yz125 has an fmf exaust and pipe, and bigger foots pegs, and new sprokets,and chain. Both of the bikes are in great condition. I wanted to know which bike I should keep because I have to sell one of them. Either the yz125 or the crf250x. Which bike would you keep and use. I also mainly do trail riding and sometimes go to the track. 

15 and that is all you care about? How about which bike is the most reliable or lowest hours/best condition. Loud bikes kill our sport, period. Louder doesn't equal faster... It equals annoying and obnoxious. We've had a local tracks close due to noise complaints and another is battling someone in court about it...

• Like 2

I personally would keep the YZ. I do all of my maintenance myself on my YZ and I save tons of $$ doing it that way. I don't know if I would ever get a 4T unless I was doing a lot of long trail rides. I take my YZ 125 in the mountains of Colorado and although it lacks a little on the low end, it makes me a better rider due to all the shifting and clutching on uphill sections. 

Ultimately you have to get the best bike for your riding style. If you ride a ton of trails then the CRF may be the best bet. But if you like snappy power and low cost maintenance then the YZ would be the way to go. Also, you could sell the CRF and use some of the money to get an Eric Gorr 144 kit. The 144 EG will be my next mod. Good luck!

This bike is not to ride at tracks I have a ranch and a private track and enough money to buy a bike nobody will hear anything all I need to know is Wich is louder

Hi guys I'm 15 150 pounds I just sold my 2010 yz125 and would like to buy a 250f preferably a kx or rmz I have found a stock 2011 kx250f and 2011 rmz 250 with full pro circuit exausht new top end full oem suspension new gears for racing hd clutch springs and extra leavers the rmz is 3100$ Canadian and kx is 3600$ Canadian which should I get

Hi guys I am trying to sell my 2010 yz125 so that I can buy a 250f I am 15 and 150 pounds. The reason I am asking this is because I would like to buy the loudest 250f possible I have 2 bikes I like a stock 2011 kx250f and full pro circuit 2011 rmz250 which is louder or will I notice a difference ? Thanks for your help

The kx250f will be louder but buy the one best kept, lowest hours, cleanest, best deal, etc.

i would go with the rmz they have a liht feel to them and they corner very well.

NOOOOOOOO SILENCER!!!

Take the can off, he'll the air box too while you're at it

I'm kidding

I saw a guy ride a 230 with no exhaust, not no muffler, or just a head pipe, literally a bare head.

God was that interesting

• Like 2