Sign in to follow this  

Motocross ENOUGH COMMERCIALS!

Enough &%$#@!ing commercials already!! We're getting to see an average of 3 minutes of racing to 5 minutes of commercials. It's the last moto of the year, let us watch some damn racing for once NBC. :banghead:

• Like 10

Thanks for the spoiler! I had the races on the DVR and now I know there's going to be a bunch of commercials!  :lol:

• Like 2

Simple solution is to not watch the race live, I agree its pretty bad...Wait till they're streaming on www.promotocross.com and watch commercial free (well except those awful Kwai and Fram promo's). The races are normally up the next day.

Enough &%$#@!ing commercials already!! We're getting to see an average of 3 minutes of racing to 5 minutes of commercials. It's the last moto of the year, let us watch some god damn racing for once NBC. :banghead:

You can either deal with it or have no pro motocross you pick.

Next season if it is still like this through NBC I'll either live stream it or just DVR. I'm tired of watching 45 minutes of commercials and 15 minutes of half ass coverage. I'll just go ride instead.

• Like 1

Next season if it is still like this through NBC I'll either live stream it or just DVR. I'm tired of watching 45 minutes of commercials and 15 minutes of half ass coverage. I'll just go ride instead.

Well mx isn't that big of a sport so

fitting Well mx isn't that big of a sport so

I know but still, even volleyball has better coverage over MX.  There has to be a better fitting network that at least halfway gets our sport.

I agree but at the same time that doesn't excuse the terrible coverage of the Nationals this year. The track map/view 15 different times, holeshot replays over and over, same 5 commercials shown more than the racing, overall just filler bs....I could go on and on. MX isn't a huge sport but we deserve better. That isn't to say that I/we aren't grateful to have a decent tv time slot but it should be better, that's all. 

• Like 1

I agree but at the same time that doesn't excuse the terrible coverage of the Nationals this year. The track map/view 15 different times, holeshot replays over and over, same 5 commercials shown more than the racing, overall just filler bs....I could go on and on. MX isn't a huge sport but we deserve better. That isn't to say that I/we aren't grateful to have a decent tv time slot but it should be better, that's all.

Ok get more people to watch then

Ok get more people to watch then

That would not help. The NBC network just has no clue on how to produce a legit MX televised event and all they are using the series for is commercial revenue.

That would not help. The NBC network just has no clue on how to produce a legit MX televised event and all they are using the series for is commercial revenue.

no

Well you sure are quite the expert.

I'm sure the goal here is to try to get more people to watch. Getting it on NBC is certainly a step in the right direction. However, there are many areas that could be improved, that is all (see my above post). Lots of good too, the announcing team is a big plus. I would for sure like to see a few things change to make the viewing better for everyone, and in turn more people should watch.

Ok, now I'll wait for your insightful response. 

Luckily, I don't have tv.... so I just wait until all the moto's are uploaded to allisport a day or so later.  Only commercial is a Kawi ad beforehand.  Connect the computer to my tv with the HDMI and I am good to go.

I record it so I can fast forward through the AD's

So you watch a 15 minute show lol.

• Like 1

That's also why I like watching the uploads on allisports.  You get the full motos.  You can tell when the broadcast would be on a commercial break, because no one is really talking while the racing is happening.  

That Utah National was especially bad.  Seemed like every time they came back from commercial there was lead change.  And they'd just gloss over it saying a pass happened "off camera".  WTF?!?!  Off camera or the camera was off?!?!   :foul:

I just watch em on youtube later in the day, no commercials, just racing and its free. I also don't have tv so I don't have much options