Sign in to follow this  

2013 350 SXF - Rear Brake reservoir extension

Hey guys.

Got one from RHK, bloody thing hits the pipe. Anyone using one on their 350 that works and fits right?

No help... but IMO, those things are worthless.

Look cool. But do nothing.

Mmmm

Had one on my 300, I'm a brake dragged I guess, definitely stopped that thing boiling. Night and day difference. You gotta only half fill it tho, so you have room for fluid to expand. Most people fill em right up, defeats the point.

• Like 1

Does the heat transfer all the way back to the master ?

I too feel they do nothing, you want the heat sink to be next to the caliper, Ive got one and it fixed my occaisional over heat issues

I think the heat sink needs to be where the heat is as others have said. I had a rear line cooler but it broke off in a race and left me without brakes. I like this setup better. Need to clean up some runny jb weld so it's a little sloppy looking. Someone with manufacturing skills needs to make this kit including the strongest and most heat conductive epoxy.

1409051278571.jpg

1409051322966.jpg

• Like 1

I did think the fluid extension looked vulnerable

The extension is 3mm too tall and hits the exhaust. I have it on my bikes, and love it. My brake oil last a little longer than my friends an i drag on the rear brake a lot...

So same problem hey? What brand did you use?