Sign in to follow this  

What bolts for seat?

Hello everyone,

My first post here.  I've been reading a lot on TT, and it has really helped me on the track.  So, I'm new to MX and don't know a whole lot, especially mechanically.  I am hoping to change that. :)

Anyway, the reason for this post is...  I was at the track today tearing through some whoops, when my seat went flying off.  I picked it up and noticed that both bolts that attach the REAR of the seat to bike were missing.  They must have been loose and vibrated out.  So, I am trying to figure out what size bolts they are so I can replace them.  I searched on the Internet, but no luck.  Again, I am missing the bolts at the BACK of the seat that hold the seat and the rear # plates to the bike.  What bolts are they and can I get the bolts at my local hardware store? 

Thanks a million everyone!  Can't wait to get to know you all!

They are collared bolts, you'll never find a good match at the hardware store, order them from the dealer, be there in a few days if they don't have them.

So, I can just call a Honda dealer (my bike is a Honda), tell them my situation, and they should be able to get me the bolts I need?

P.S. Thanks, Eddie, for replying so quickly.

The bolt has an unusual flange, you wont be able to get the exact bolt from a hardware store. From memory the thread is m8x1.5, you will be able to find something that works. But you'll have to go to the dealer or get a crf style track pack or bolt kit for the right bolt. Part number 90102-MEN-710

Edited by nzgsr

Did exactly that.  I will; don't want to end a day at the track early again!

Dont locktite ur seatbolts, use the specified torque or just do them up tighter than you did.

Dont locktite ur seatbolts, use the specified torque or just do them up tighter than you did.

eh locktite is no problem i put that shit everywhere,

even in my ceareal