Sign in to follow this  

better compression

Hi.

I own a 200 cc supermoto bike that use an engine similar to the Suzuki DR 200, and I would like to know if I can put the Suzuki LT 230s quad high compression piston in it with the stock cylinder head, also change the camshaft for the same model of quad.

I want to know if there is not problem with the valvles or heat increase.

My engine just broke and want to know this so I can fix it better.

I apreaciate if someone have done this and can share his/her experience.

No, it doesn't matter if your chinese bike superficial resembles a particular name brand bike, that doesn't mean engine internals are interchangeable between the two. And it certainly doesn't mean a same name brand motor similar to the one yours looks like has compatible internals. A complete engine swap would likely be easier and work better.

That's kinda like saying my Hyundai has an engine like a Toyota Camry, so I want to use A Rav4 crankshaft and heads

Thanks for answering.

But, I know that my bike uses camshaft, valvles, piston, even gearbox, this is why I wanted to know more about the DR 200 swaps parts, and also want to make my bike a little bit faster

As long as the piston is a slightly larger bore and is similar in hight you can make it work. I put a Honda xr piston in a Chinese bike once and it took some work but was possible and did run better but was honestly not worth the expense. Just a good piston was about 250$ plus the time to boar and hone the cylinder and make an xr wrist pin fit and make sure o had the right stroke and and and. Its possible but I had to use a milling machine so unless you have a lot of time $ and access to a milling machine don't bother its honestly not worth the effort

Head over to the DRZ125 Forum, we know the china DR200s.

The 230 piston requires flycutting for valve clearance, and the DR200 cam is a better street cam.

I havent noticed a big heat increase, even on my 190cc DR125.

FWIW, most china engines are just similar in design, rather than full complete clones like the DR200 motors found in Konker KSM200s and Q-Link XF200s.