Sign in to follow this  

KX250F O-Ring Chain Rubbing On Case

I bought a renthal r3 o ring chain installed it on my 08 kx250f, and it's rubbing on the engine case near the front sprocket. Has anybody else has this problem with a kx250f. I know pro moto billet sells a spacer for this problem but it's only for the Hondas

I ride mostly woods, and don't want to buy a non x or o ring chain. Does anybody know if that DID VT-2 chain will fit my bike?

the vt2 is a narrow width chain,also the DID VX2 is also same specs,I prefer the vx2 as it seems to last longer and stretch less compared to the vt2

You can space the sprocket by say 1mm if you do it right

I agree with mog, done it to run 12 t sprocket on other bikes. Chain cut through the seal retainer once, making for some pretty squirrely knobby on pavement fun!

I just bought this did vt2 narrow chain. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/958/24504/DID-520-VT2-Narrow-Enduro-Racing-X-Ring-Chain?term=did%20vt2%20chain

If anybody's interested in a brand new renthal r3 o ring chain let me know, I did cut it though to 112 links

they make a countershaft spacer just for this that's cheap. Any time you install an Oring you must space it

The countershaft spacer won't work for my kx250f because I use a c clip for the front sprocket. If I add the spacer there will be no room for the c clip.

The countershaft spacer won't work for my kx250f because I use a c clip for the front sprocket. If I add the spacer there will be no room for the c clip.

ok I never ran one on a Kawi but still thought there's enough play run it

You could recess the sprocket using a lathe but I feel that's a lot of hassle

I bought a renthal r3 o ring chain installed it on my 08 kx250f, and it's rubbing on the engine case near the front sprocket. Has anybody else has this problem with a kx250f. I know pro moto billet sells a spacer for this problem but it's only for the Hondas

I had the same problem on my 2013 then I realized I had put my front sproket on the wrong way. switched it back and now it's all good.

I had the same problem on my 2013 then I realized I had put my front sproket on the wrong way. switched it back and now it's all good.

Yeah I was thinking of doing that but I ended up buying a did vt2 narrow chain, and it doesn't rub.