Sign in to follow this  

kx 100 leaking oil from exhaust and blue liquid from?

Hey guys. I just got a kx100 recently for my lady to ride. I took it to a Yamaha dealer to get it a tune up, new fluids, and air filter. So today for the first time we actually rode it. I noticed that the bike didn't want to idle. I then noticed after riding it for a little while it was leaking oil from the exhaust. I also saw some blue liquid leaking from some black plastic box thing onto the rear swing arm.

Can you guys please help me figure out these issues. I'm new to riding and bikes in general.

0823141731b.jpg

0823141731c.jpg

0823141732.jpg

0823141732a.jpg

Too much oil on the air filter, Causing the blue drip(filter oil out the bottem of the airbox) and a rich condition which in turn makes it spooge more out the pipe.

This shouldn't hurt the bike bit it's something I wouldn't let slide, you payed good money to have it serviced and this is what you get.

I would also recommend getting a factory service manual and learning how to perform basic maintenance yourself, saves you money and you wont get this shit again.

And yes the silencer should be repacked but only after something is done about the over oiled filter.

Go back to the shop where this was done and get a refund, then take it somewhere else preferable a shop that has a clue what it's doing.

• Like 1

Well I moved about an hour and a half away from where I got it serviced... So I'm not going back. But I will look into doing maintainance myself. I just don't have tools

Well I moved about an hour and a half away from where I got it serviced... So I'm not going back. But I will look into doing maintainance myself. I just don't have tools

Go invest in some. My buddy just got a Husky mechanics tool set. $100 and its 200-something pieces. Before you all come in and say buy snap-on or that husky is crap, these tools are not used by a pro day in and day out. Just to play around with here.

Also, they call em stealerships from a reason. How much for the "tune up"?

$200 plus over a week and a half of waiting. Im never going back to a dealership again.

• Like 1