Sign in to follow this  

Attaching GoPro camera to Fox V4 helmet..

Under the visor is where I put mine. After 2 minutes of riding I dont notice its there. Fits fine with my Scott goggles.

I know you specified a V4 but this is where I mounted my GoPro on my V2. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1409015502.188977.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1409015567.605374.jpg

I shoot in 720 and it gives a great POV - just catches my hands so I can look back at the video like game film.

First put your visor all the way up, and put an adhesive mount on the bottom of the visor. It gives you a great perspective and you don't have to worry about the camera tagging branches. You can see a small portion of the camera if you look straight up, but I like that because I can see the flashing light to make sure I'm still recording. If there is a crease down the middle of the visor I wouldn't worry about the mount not having full contact. Since these mounts can withstand high speeds and they have even been mounted on the wing of a plane! RIDE ON!!!!!!

Edited by THE.YZ.RIDER
  • Like 1

The visor only adjusts upwards to an extent. It really doesn't go that far up, I have had mine all the way up for a long time and rocky roost has never pounded me in the face. You may not have to adjust the visor, since some are different. I should have said, adjust your visor so the camera doesn't obstruct your vision. Just my opinion and personal experience. RIDE ON!!!!!!!!

Edited by THE.YZ.RIDER
  • Like 1

I have a FOX V1 and to be honest it drove me nuts trying to figure where to put it to get full contact and a good perspective. 

In the end I put it at the rear of the helmet with the bracket sideways, the camera is not to high as to really be trouble in the Bush and the perspective looks great, just a bit of my helmet peak shows and can see front headlight and mudguard in view. 

I used the curved sticky mount.

I used it like this several times on some crazy rides and its always stayed put :)

photo_zpsf01b824d.jpg

I am not pro but I do not suggest under the visor. My buddy had it there and during a pretty bad crash the gopro was pushed down into his goggles and then into his face. He has some pretty serious cuts that would have never happen if the gopro was not in that location. 

the V4 is an easy helmet to work with as it has a flat brim, use a standard flat mount to stick it under the visor, use the "upside down" mode to record footage the right direction...all of my POV videos are shot via the underside mount

Example:

• Like 1