Cr250 04 notches out of slide tmx

I remember reading a thread somewhere that someone found the same sort of thing and they were told it had been modified but that does not look modified to me it just looks like 2 big freakin chunks of shit out the slide lol, what's the best pal to put on and easiest to find ?

and you can bet that the metal that is worn away passed through your engine! Bits of it could be inside your crank bearings, rod bearings, or stuck inside your power valve. Fun!

I would not replace just the slide as the bore that the slide rides in within the carb is probably worn as well. Throw that TMX in the trash and put a Keihin 38MM PWK Airstriker in it!

Pretty sure I have a mint TMX slide - PM me your address and you can have it for free.

Edit - you're down under - figure out shipping from the USA and pay for that, and it's yours.

Edited by Socket

You'll probably find the missing metal chunks in your crankcase, unless you're lucky enough to have blown it through and out the exhaust. I've seen this cracked TMX slide on this forum several times now. Seems to be a recurring weak spot. Another good reason to do the PWK upgrade.

Edited by magpie5

Hi 14GON

I strongly suggest upgrading to the PWK, i just finished putting a PWK from a 00 CR250 on my 04.

HOLY CRAP!!!, What a differance it has made already and i havnt even ridden it yet.

The bike started first kick and for the first time it actually idled well, with a little more tweeking im sure i can get it running the best it ever has done.

Im just out the other side of toowoomba, i got a price of a new TMX slide from my local honda dealer, NOT NICE!!!

$120+gst, for that you get the slide,spring and little plastic guide that goes on the base of the spring.

Yeah I know I just got a price on one $140 direct from japan through team moto honda springwood, I have been quoted $290 for a pwk air striker from a few bike wreckers both here and interstate and show and go have brand new ones for $390 but they are not TPS , I'm not sure what to do as I've already spent more than I wanted with the build but in saying that the air striker does sound appealing, it doesn't seem to affect them not running the TPS but the air strikers are hard to find now and everyone wants a million bucks for them .

Yeah I know I just got a price on one $140 direct from japan through team moto honda springwood, I have been quoted $290 for a pwk air striker from a few bike wreckers both here and interstate and show and go have brand new ones for $390 but they are not TPS , I'm not sure what to do as I've already spent more than I wanted with the build but in saying that the air striker does sound appealing, it doesn't seem to affect them not running the TPS but the air strikers are hard to find now and everyone wants a million bucks for them .

I would keep pursuing the Keihin PWK carb......they are around!   not long ago i won a YZ 250 pwk on ebay here in Aus for only $87 !

You just have to keep looking and dont give up.....the KX 250 PWK from 99 onwards works as well as the RM 250 and SX 250 PWK carbs.......

I would definately make sure you get the TPS equipped carb, it does help with the throttle response.