Sign in to follow this  

2013 grabby clutch.

I'm having issues with my clutch. It was really grabby and didn't like to release. Shifting under load was almost impossible. I burned up the steel plates at a mud race and had them replaced. I also had grooving on the hub and basket so I installed hinson components. The clutch works much better now when the engine is running. However, if the bike is shut off I cannot roll the bike in gear with the clutch in. Could this we the fiber plates need replacement. I can't find anything warped. I was told with fibers if they're not warped and the cork is intact there good to go. Does anyone have suggestions. I don't feel like throwing $100 at something that isn't the issue.

Thats not necessarily an issue honestly? If its not slipping, not creeping, not grabby, everything is fine.

Maybe could use some adjusting at the lever.

I should add that sometimes when coming into a corner when I transition from full throttle to clutch in and full braking the bike dies. I'm wondering if this is do impart to the same clutch issue. I bumped up the idle and that seems to help.

That is properly adjusted. Let me re-fraise the question. Can over heated or worn clutch fibers cause a grabby clutch.