Sign in to follow this  

03 Ktm 125sx. Ignition trouble

I have a 03 125sx that has fried three staters in 6 weeks. Not sure what's going on. Bike ran fine both times I replaced stator until each time it cooled down then no spark and burnt smell coming from stater?? I've switched out the cdi, stator of course and flywheel. The problem started one day when the bike shut off. It would not kick start back up but did start when pushed off. The next day the bike wouldn't start at all. Thats when I found there was no spark. Then the troubleshooting began. Please any info

are the bad stators showing any grinding on them from rubbing the crank or flywheel? If so then the main bearings may be bad. Which stator are you using, the 1,2 or 3?

Buzz 

Not trying to make a sale(I am more than happy to keep) but I have a stator/coil/cdi(pretty sure same part3 as newer 125sx?) and wiring harness from my 150sx that are all good/relatively low hour that I took off my 2011 150sx.

They were taken off when I was chasing what I thought was an electrical issue & I kept buying parts hoping to fix the stuttering.

I ended up buying a new 2014 as it still had stutter after replacing all electrical and every gasket I could think of that may be leaking.

Turned out to be bad replacement reeds I had bought from KTM for the vforce, not sure exactly what was wrong with them? All I know is stutter went away after I put 2014 reed cage in(new design).

System would be an upgrade as don't think you can get the CDI and wiring harness anymore for a 2003(have read somewhere but not looked into

Would have to be an ebay deal or something?.

Let me know if interested and I will come up with a fair price/or suggest a fair price?

plugs changed for harness, etc, in 05, but they will work as far as i know. The stuff will work but needs a cut n splice of the wires due to the change.

plugs changed for harness, etc, in 05, but they will work as far as i know. The stuff will work but needs a cut n splice of the wires due to the change.

I also have the wiring harness so no splicing needed. or is there still?

05 and newer have different connectors than 04 n older...wires are same but connectors are different

Yes I know but would not the new wiring harness eliminate the issue since the CDI,Stator coil and wiring harness are all from same bike?