Sign in to follow this  

xr250r good bike for me?

I am 5'6 and 115 pounds or somewhere around there and I'm looking to get an 2003 xr250r for my first dirt bike. I hear these bikes are very good but I have a few question about it. I did some research on the bike and i found out that the seat height it about 36 inches if im correct. I dont know if I can fit comfortable on this or if it will be way to big. Im not sure if this matters but my bicycle seat is also 36 inches and I sit on my toes but its comfortable for me but the seat is hard as a rock on that bike. I will not be riding on the road because im only 14 and im not going to be racing either. Im just going to have my own fun in the dirt with some friends and I just want a play bike. Some advice or help would be nice. thanks

Its a great bike but its a heavy bike on the top side of it. If you said you were doing trail riding and desert then yeah ! It is a mild manner bike with good torque but for a good first bike it can be a little bulky to throw around . CRF250f sounds way better and get the lowering linkage for it and have the suspension set up for you wight and hight . And you can always turn into what ever you like when start riding with ur friends- freestyle , enduro, track , desert , trial , super moto , ect