Sign in to follow this  

NorthCarolina Single track near Durham NC

I just moved to Durham and am looking for places to go trail riding. I like technical single track trails but will ride anywhere there is dirt.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Brown Mountin OHV park is also in the mountains and is a lot of fun.  You can also ride the trails in Uwharrie OHV park but it doesn't have as much to offer.  Still, it's only $5 and is much closer to you but it's much more suited to Jeeps and quads. 

This charity event is taking place this weekend and they have a 7 mile trail loop and an MX track.  I haven't ridden there myself but my other ride plans fall through I may check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1455648771350385/?ref=25

• Like 1

Twin Oaks MX, where they are having the benefit ride this Saturday, is okay if you have no where else to go. Tracks are seldom maintained. Adults are always on the supposively kids only track. There is absolutely no control of riders. We rode there this past weekend and it was not good. Track and trails beat all up. Dusty to the point of not being able to see 30 feet in front of you. Rocks all over the mx tracks. Kids and adults riding all over the parking area as if it was a dragstrip. Unless it gets some rain there, you will not be able to see. Something about that area regarding the soil and rocks. Hopefully they can get a water truck in there to saturate the tracks. Problem is, there is nowhere for it to drain, therefore it becomes a slick muddy mess.

This place is like 30 minutes from the house and we were really hoping for this place to turn out to be something really good. Unfortunately, neighbors/EPA caused the land owner a bunch of problems. Years ago, they used to run the NCHSA there and the track/trails were awsome. Then the land owner had the land clear cut and everything went to pot.

I do think my son and I will go there Saturday just to make a donation to Chad and his family. Doubt very seriously we will ride.

Bump......did you find any single tracks around Durham?  I am in Hillsbrough and would love to find something "more local".

tagging along  I have maybe 2 miles of super tight 1st gear stuff here at my house but I would like to ride faster stuff,   have a dualsport too

tagging along I have maybe 2 miles of super tight 1st gear stuff here at my house but I would like to ride faster stuff, have a dualsport too

That is better than my house. Here is my yard "track".....lol