Sign in to follow this  

I have angered the 2-stroke God

Yesterday started out innocently enough. My 14y.o. son and I were replacing fork seals/dust wipers on his 2009 YZ 85. Everything was going well, then it happened; No Fork Oil On My Shelf! So, my son and I get in the truck and head to town. We search several auto supply stores with no luck finding 10 wt fork oil. The last store we search, NAPA, had some fork oil. But not just any oil; it had Harley Davidson brand fork oil. Harley Davidson fork oil in a Yamaha YZ? My OCD caused my face to twitch and sweat to form on my brow, but looking in my anxious son's eyes, I relented and paid the man. Took the oil home praying the whole time the world wouldn't end. Yes, I did it! Just like Eve taking a bite from the apple, I put the forbidden substance in the forks. By the way, the forks work great and I'm successfully resisting the urge to buy a leather vest and chaps. Now the creepy part: I had a dream last night that outlaw bikers were chasing me while I rode my Zrex (2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200r). The outlaws weren't much of a problem since I have gears above 2nd and 3rd. My question is: Can I be forgiven? Will this bad "Ju Ju" pass? Must there be a blood sacrifice? Any help or advice will be appreciated.

• Like 1

Hmm, so,,,where is your exact location ?,  address please. 

• Like 2

I say you should hide the empty bottles and never speak of it again.

• Like 3

Why didn't you go to a motorcycle dealer and get some regular fork oil?

The closest one is 50 miles away and were closed. I had to do what I had to do.

Could've used synthetic ATF, too since you were in a pinch. It's about a 7-10 wt oil and some people use it deliberately instead of fork oil.

I used it in all of my Marzocchi mountain bike forks. The Shiver loved it!

The closest one is 50 miles away and were closed. I had to do what I had to do.

That's no fun, i lucked out with mine, it's like 3 miles down the road

Could've used synthetic ATF, too since you were in a pinch.  It's about a 7-10 wt oil and some people use it deliberately instead of fork oil.

Thanks RockerWR450, I didn't know that. That knowledge could have saved me some money since the Harley oil was about ten dollars a pint and I needed two.
  • Like 1