Sign in to follow this  

YZ 125 throttle valve spring?

Hey Guys-

My wife told me recently that her throttle felt a little weird on her 2002 YZ 125. I went out and felt (and heard) a small click sound, when you pull the throttle in more than 50%. It's one click that happens every time you pull it in.

I thought it might be the spring somehow catching when it compresses in the carb- so I pulled off the carb and tried to see if I could duplicate the issue while peeking inside- but it's pretty difficult to do. My best guess is that it somehow needs a new spring even though the spring looks fine.

Anyone ever have this little issue before? The bike rides fine, but you can def feel and hear (with engine off) a click when you are right at 50% throttle.

I can't quite see how the spring is catching, and it's almost hard to imagine a new spring would even solve the issue...

If it is the spring, anyone know where to get a new one? I don't see any throttle valve springs available on rmatv or motosport.

Thanks in advance,

Your carb and slide are probably worn out,

I tried the slide in without the spring and it didn't make any click though (obviously didn't recoil), but it seems like the slide is okay