Sign in to follow this  

Powervalve Adjusters

Just wondering how much can these things smooth out the power on the 250SX and make it easy to ride?

If you turned it to the extremes, how much of a difference is there?    Would it make the massive power manageable enough that you would let your mate who has never ridden before be able to ride safely enough?   Or is it still going to be a handful as its still a snappy powerful 250 2 stroke that can accelerate like a bat out of hell?

There's not that much of a difference.  It's noticable, but if you're running the red spring and put some noob on it, he's still going to put it into the trees... Obviously you'd be safer going with the green spring, but even then, it's not like it's going to be tame at all, just more room before it launches.  

• Like 1

I believe you are referring to the ability to turn the powervalve adjuster via the screw turn. If so, turning the adjuster counter clock wise will broaden the power out by lowering the rpm range where the valve begins to open. This effectively lengthens the spread of power and lowers the hit in a very noticeable way. Between the choice of powervalve spring and the adjustment, a 250sx has great tune ability for almost any type of riding. However, it's still a 2 stroke and you'll never achieve the linear type of power like a 4 stroke delivers. However x2: if you add a Steahy 9oz fly wheel weight to the 250sx, you can achieve a very linear style if power and still have all the 2 banger benefits.

• Like 1

There's not that much of a difference.  It's noticable, but if you're running the red spring and put some noob on it, he's still going to put it into the trees... Obviously you'd be safer going with the green spring, but even then, it's not like it's going to be tame at all, just more room before it launches.  

I know you were adding value to the this thread, but it made me laugh.  I'm an experienced rider, and it always has my attention on rutted faces and acceleration bumps.......and most other places too.