Honda crf exhaust

When I start my Honda crf 250 the exhaust starts to glow red after awhile from the header pipe is this normal only bought this bike and was only out on it once runs perfect not use to 4 strokes as I had 2 strokes before I bought this any help would be great thanks

normal, these newer 4 strokes like air movement across the radiators...I don't let our bikes idle much at all....not good for em.

Everyone always said I needed to warm mine up. I start it from dead cold, ride to the gate, shut it off and sit for 15 minutes and it still likes the hot start. That warm up stuff is BS.

Everyone always said I needed to warm mine up. I start it from dead cold, ride to the gate, shut it off and sit for 15 minutes and it still likes the hot start. That warm up stuff is BS.

Edited by Berm-Saw

That dosent sound normal. Mine only like the hot start on a mid moto accidental engine kill trying to get it fired up right away

It wasn't. I left out the 'bike was WAY too rich' part. Haha. I had it out today for practice. Went back to the stock 172 (from the JD 195) and 3rd clip position on the JD needle. I kept trying to use the hot start out of habit, I've never had to kick my bike so many times. After the third session I clued in though.

So this is normal ya ? I got a lot of work done off a motocross Meachanic linkage ,shock etc and he checked the valves and told me the motor is healthy when I seen the exhaust get a Small bit red was abit worried lol ha