Sign in to follow this  

What the heck coulda done this?

Well I got back from riding my YZF today and realized the back right white/black plastic is cracked on top and where the white meets the black. I hit nothing that I know of and i certainly havnt wrecked all day which leaves me to wonder what could've done this? I told my dad but he's no help because he accuses me of wrecking it then proceeds to yell at me saying by next year youll have that thing in pieces with its engine blown and saying nothing couldve broke that plastic besides wrecking it. I'm seriously wondering what the heck could've done it! He also says he's not spending a dime on it till I pay it off( i still owe him $200) but i work with him and now that school/football has started i can't work and he isn't working at all since hes CEO. So im in need of new tires, new front and back right plastics, rejetting, a new front brake lever and my back brakes are out completely. I'm thinking of just selling it currently... With school, football, and work i hardly have any time to ride..

???? maybe a bolt was out and it just cracked.

Doesn't sound like it is that big of a deal to be honest.

woah woah woah? What does that mean? Yes two bolts are missing on the left side and the bottom one is missing on the right side. How would that have to do with this? This could be a good thing now. Just a bolt. And yes I know its no big deal but im $200 in debt to my dad so I can't buy anything and neither will he.

It happens. Seen it happen to some plastics on a friend's bike.

how could it have happened? If the bolts missing does it just crack?

pic would be so cool right now.

sorry i have pics on my phone but I can't use this app on my phone, phones too slow uploading pics and stuff and downloading.

Some may say it just happens, but I have never seen em just spontaneously crack. Seems weird. Hell I have seen people go down HARD and the most they get is some stress marks where they flexed a ton. Most the broken ones I have seen come from loop outs.

Edited by J_YZ2fittyF

It happened on my friends Kawasaki 250 dual sport.  It was missing some bolts on the radiator shroud and after a few trips of MX tracks and hard trail riding the shroud was cracked and broken.   It was a two piece design which was a flaw from the start.  Also bike was not designed for what we were doing with it.

Extreme case but from all the flopping and jumping cheap plastics can crack. 

When I was a kid I lost the bolt to the muffler and just rode with it.  After a month or so my muffler just snapped off. 

It happened on my friends Kawasaki 250 dual sport. It was missing some bolts on the radiator shroud and after a few trips of MX tracks and hard trail riding the shroud was cracked and broken. It was a two piece design which was a flaw from the start. Also bike was not designed for what we were doing with it.

Extreme case but from all the flopping and jumping cheap plastics can crack.

When I was a kid I lost the bolt to the muffler and just rode with it. After a month or so my muffler just snapped off.

well this might just be what, I have a 10 ft. Ramp near vertical and i probably get 12 ft. Of air and hit the flat ground pretty hard. It's an 05 with stock plastics. Could that have done it?

I dunno why you cant get pictures, lol. You dont need the app or w/e u said to put them on here. Do you have a computer? If so, you can get them off your phone....and put then on here. The exact way it cracked, etc..would be a lot more helpful. As always...a picture is worth a thousand words.

• Like 1

I dunno why you cant get pictures, lol. You dont need the app or w/e u said to put them on here. Do you have a computer? If so, you can get them off your phone....and put then on here. The exact way it cracked, etc..would be a lot more helpful. As always...a picture is worth a thousand words.

the bottom picture the crack goes all the way up its just hard to see.

1408926053136.jpg

1408926067016.jpg

Well I got back from riding my YZF today and realized the back right white/black plastic is cracked on top and where the white meets the black. I hit nothing that I know of and i certainly havnt wrecked all day which leaves me to wonder what could've done this? I told my dad but he's no help because he accuses me of wrecking it then proceeds to yell at me saying by next year youll have that thing in pieces with its engine blown and saying nothing couldve broke that plastic besides wrecking it. I'm seriously wondering what the heck could've done it! He also says he's not spending a dime on it till I pay it off( i still owe him $200) but i work with him and now that school/football has started i can't work and he isn't working at all since hes CEO. So im in need of new tires, new front and back right plastics, rejetting, a new front brake lever and my back brakes are out completely. I'm thinking of just selling it currently... With school, football, and work i hardly have any time to ride..

Sounds to me that the bike has had a rough life. Needs a new front brake lever, back brakes are gone, front AND back plastic on the right side needs replacement and tires? Sounds like poor maintenance to me...

well this might just be what, I have a 10 ft. Ramp near vertical and i probably get 12 ft. Of air and hit the flat ground pretty hard. It's an 05 with stock plastics. Could that have done it?

And a freestyle ramp? Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

• Like 9

Sounds to me that the bike has had a rough life. Needs a new front brake lever, back brakes are gone, front AND back plastic on the right side needs replacement and tires? Sounds like poor maintenance to me...

And a freestyle ramp? Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

well I bought it used. Also back brakes are just worn out completely front brake lever is purposely bent, honestly i much rather them bent and really touchy than fully out. Just a preference cause I can pull it easier. I meant back right plastic and the VERY FRONT white plastic. And tires are stock, so naturally theyre just worn. I take very good care of my bikes but i havnt had the time to on this one cause ill probably be selling it soon.

Hitting a 10' ramp and landing "flat"can definitely crack plastic if the bike is missing hardware as you describe.   

• Like 2

Hitting a 10' ramp and landing "flat"can definitely crack plastic if the bike is missing hardware as you describe.

well that sounds like my problem! Finally I can tell my dad what happened without him saying i wrecked it!

That poor bike. Please sell it so it can find a home with someone that won't beat it mercilessly.

• Like 3