Sign in to follow this  

How to get swingarm bearings out?

Can anyone help me figure out how to get the swingarm bearings out of a 2013 250 sxf?

If it is like my 2014 450 SXF FE, you have to be very careful because it uses loose needle bearings.  There are 4 sets inside (2 sets on each swingarm pivot) so be very careful not to drop any!!  I suggest you put something under each pivot as you disassemble to catch them as they fall out.  If it is the same as mine, you will have 37 needle bearings x 4 locations.  It will require a lot of patience so don't attempt taking them out unless you have time.  As for getting them out, there is a cap on each end that if you look closely inside, you can see where the cap is separate from the sleeve.  If you push where they separate, you can push the sleeve and a cap out at the same time.  DON'T LOSE ANY NEEDLE BEARINGS.  If you still aren't sure how to get them out, I will try and get some pictures for you.

Edited by Zip-tyDuctTape

Adding to the great info already given, sometimes applying a thin layer of grease helps keep the needle bearings in place. But it won't help with a major whack or drop.