Sign in to follow this  

Washington Cle Elum / Manatash / Naches Conditions

I know there are/were some fires in this area earlier this summer. Does anyone know the current conditions as far as if riding is open, is it smokey in the area, are camp fires allowed, etc.? Most of the info I am finding on line is about a week or two old which leads me to believe that the fires are contained and or out and not an issue. I just don't like assuming before making the 3.5 hr drive just to find out that I can't ride there.

Latest conditions from Cle Elum Ranger District: https://www.facebook.com/groups/111519812220018/

August 22:

Saw and Fire Restrictions ARE STILL IN EFFECT for this weekend....BUT, lower loops out of Taneum Jct. are now OPEN. You can now park at Taneum Jct. and ride Fishhook Flats loop and, of course, access the southern trails as well. You are not able to go into the fire closure area, so Cle Elum Ridge Trail is blocked at Rd 114 and Woods-n-Steel crossing (you can't use 114 to loop down to N.Fork, btw), North Fork Taneum is Open to Fishhook Flats....and Taneum Ridge is wide open....Just be aware that there will be a lot of timber down....we haven't been able to use saws all month....please limb and wheelie over! Etching new trail around gives our sport a black eye....besides.....learning to jump trees is fun! Have FUN!

Where EXACTLY are you planning on camping/staging from?  The Cle Elum map covers a huge area and ( for instance) there is a closed section of trails out of taneum junction due to a fire that was off the 1326 cle elum ridge trail.  Also, the main road in to the junction is closed mon-fri from 6am to 6pm because they are working on it and fixing wash out damage done a few years ago.

Joe

Where EXACTLY are you planning on camping/staging from?  The Cle Elum map covers a huge area and ( for instance) there is a closed section of trails out of taneum junction due to a fire that was off the 1326 cle elum ridge trail.  Also, the main road in to the junction is closed mon-fri from 6am to 6pm because they are working on it and fixing wash out damage done a few years ago.

Joe

Probably camp at sawmill flat or Little Naches campground.

Was at little Naches yesterday. Not smokey. It rained (thunder storms) for about three hours each day over last three days. Less dust! There's a fire restriction but everyone (non ORV) camped along American river had rip roaring fires a blazing. Kinda cool for the high temps -was only 65. Fire restrictions seems a lil silly given recent weather there.

Probably camp at sawmill flat or Little Naches campground.

Ok, tons of trail available and open to ride from there.  Fire restriction at Taneum is miles away.

Have fun.

Joe

• Like 1

Was at little Naches yesterday. Not smokey. It rained (thunder storms) for about three hours each day over last three days. Less dust! There's a fire restriction but everyone (non ORV) camped along American river had rip roaring fires a blazing. Kinda cool for the high temps -was only 65. Fire restrictions seems a lil silly given recent weather there.

same thing about the Mad River area.  It rained all 3 days I was there, perfect dirt, if not a bit muddy in spots.  I talked with the FS guy and he says now that the fires are out, they can get to opening/clearing trails.  We had to clear the Tie to make it up to the Mad River valley.....LOTS of trees.  Cougar mtn was also full of blowdown.  Don't know if any body has cut out Tyee ridge, Lower Mad, or the Billy's

I built a fire, cuz I'm just waiting to take the selfie of a ranger giving me a ticket for having a fire in a rainstorm and a forest full of puddles :)

• Like 2

Ok, tons of trail available and open to ride from there.  Fire restriction at Taneum is miles away.

Have fun.

Joe

How about the trails around Quartz Mountain campground? I know this isn't that far away from the other two, but figured I would ask just in case. I plan on riding 50-75 miles a day for 3 days up there, so we will cover some trail.

Are the campgrounds up here set up that you can ride out of or do you have to trailer the bikes to a trail head?  Trying to find some new stuff to ride with the family for the weekend.  We usually ride up at goose creek, but it's just to far to drive for two nights and a couple days of driving.  Thanks.

Are the campgrounds up here set up that you can ride out of or do you have to trailer the bikes to a trail head? Trying to find some new stuff to ride with the family for the weekend. We usually ride up at goose creek, but it's just to far to drive for two nights and a couple days of driving. Thanks.

You can ride right out of Kaner and there is endless dispersed camping opportunities that you can ride out of.