Sign in to follow this  

ET #3 Make the right choice for USA

Canard should work to get chosen next year. Tomac did his part to get the pick this year. Tomac finished with more points in the races they competed in against each other. Canard is riding well though.

There is a chance Tomac will get to test some KYB suspension before the race though. 

Not being picked is a good thing for Trey.

• Like 1

Canard should work to get chosen next year. Tomac did his part to get the pick this year. Tomac finished with more points in the races they competed in against each other. Canard is riding well though.

There is a chance Tomac will get to test some KYB suspension before the race though. 

Not being picked is a good thing for Trey.

Who told you about Eli? 

Canard is on a roll right now for sure! I'd rather see him go back home and start crushing SX moto's to continue this winning form...

• Like 2

I think ET will do well. Last year he was on the gas, a crash took him out, but I didn't see any of the other guys pushing like he did. Now that he's been there once I think he'll calm down and do well. Unfortunately as much as I like Dungey, he's the choker of the 3.

I like Trey, but he's made of glass. I think he should go home and sit on the couch until Supercross starts, then it will be TC #41 2015 SX champ.....unless Villipoto shows up...:)

I think ET will do well. Last year he was on the gas, a crash took him out, but I didn't see any of the other guys pushing like he did. Now that he's been there once I think he'll calm down and do well. Unfortunately as much as I like Dungey, he's the choker of the 3.

I like Trey, but he's made of glass. I think he should go home and sit on the couch until Supercross starts, then it will be TC #41 2015 SX champ.....unless Villipoto shows up... :)

Wen did Dungey choke?   

Wen did Dungey choke?

Last year at the MXON. Roger D did an interview after the race and looked like he was going to strangle RD. Said he was his own worst enemy and that he get's in his own head about tracks or conditions. I know he had a tough race in Indiana, but when the pressure is on I'd say he's 50/50. He NEEDED that 2nd moto for the championship, got 9th. Bad luck is bad luck, he can't control everything, but he seems to struggle with the have to win situations.

• Like 1

Last year at the MXON. Roger D did an interview after the race and looked like he was going to strangle RD. Said he was his own worst enemy and that he get's in his own head about tracks or conditions. I know he had a tough race in Indiana, but when the pressure is on I'd say he's 50/50. He NEEDED that 2nd moto for the championship, got 9th. Bad luck is bad luck, he can't control everything, but he seems to struggle with the have to win situations.

He didn't choke last year, he was sick from being stuck in an airport in Switzerland for two days wating fast food and being around people.  Then he got to the track late and had minimal test time to grt the bike rivht. When he complained about the bike, Roger got pissed. 

• Like 4

He didn't choke last year, he was sick from being stuck in an airport in Switzerland for two days wating fast food and being around people.  Then he got to the track late and had minimal test time to grt the bike rivht. When he complained about the bike, Roger got pissed.

I'm not trying to be difficult, and I appreciate the circumstance....

RC, RV, these guys get it done, period. Wether it was the bike, the weather, a sickness the champions almost always get it done.

I'm a RD fan, I like the guy and think he's an amazing rider, one of the best ever, I was really pulling for him to take the 450 title this year. The difference between him and the others is this one issue imo.

Call it a choke, or a bad day, same thing at this level.

• Like 4

I'm not trying to be difficult, and I appreciate the circumstance....

RC, RV, these guys get it done, period. Wether it was the bike, the weather, a sickness the champions almost always get it done.

I'm a RD fan, I like the guy and think he's an amazing rider, one of the best ever, I was really pulling for him to take the 450 title this year. The difference between him and the others is this one issue imo.

Call it a choke, or a bad day, same thing at this level.

Hate to say, I agree.  I like Dungey, pulled for him big time when he was a rookie in the 450 class.  What one might say is his strength is also his weakness.  He has the speed, but has not shown that he is willing to go out of his comfort zone when he needs to.  He takes too long to pass, tends to go from second to sixth after the first turn, and is just too conservative to be up there with the greats like Villopoto, Carmichael and McGrath.

That being said, he's right up there with everyone else.  He already has 5 titles, 50-ish total wins and 30-ish 450 national wins, so he's up there.

As a Dungey fan, it's frustrating to see him lose 5 spots in the first turn and then take four laps to pass someone like Alessi or Brayton.  By then, the leaders are gone.

Unfortunately for Dungey, he'll likely retire as the king of second place in championship standings.  He'll make lots of money, likely have a long career, but won't retire with the stature or number of titles as someone like Carmichael, McGrath or Villopoto.  But, then again, most don't.

• Like 2

CLEARLY the better choice, we cant afford to send two chokers. Tomac is the WRONG guy.

ET#3BABYGOAT
  • Like 2

I think tray is a better choice

Did he get stuck at an airport two years in a row?

• Like 1

I had the same thought.....

Yeah , I saw a interview with Roger D , he said that Dungey is better than he thinks he is .

• Like 1

Don't post like anyone else would have done any better in the sand, RV wouldv'e been lapped too. 

ET did go 1-1 at Millville. He was the "hot hand" when they HAD to choose the team. TC became the hot hand after. Both would be good choices. In fact, I do recall saying somewhere in here "my" choices would have been Tomac and Canard to race the 450's.

As far as "chocking"..... We are the USA. Anything but the top step is considered a choke to us, especially the fans. We WILL get the top step this year but that is mainly in part to some pf the "top" Euro riders being out with injury.

Tomac will do just fine boys and girls.....

• Like 2