Sign in to follow this  

Cracked Rear Subframe + Zeta HandGuard Content..

Well i posted a few days ago how i bent the crap out of my DRC edge taillight and rear fender working on wheelies.  I went today to a friend who is a skilled mechanic to diagnose the exact damage.  As he pointed out the rear subframe was pretty bent.   We were both reluctant about trying to bend it back as we thought it could break or just weaken the bend spots even more.  Well we were right... While bending back one of the sides back it completely cracked at the bend / stress mark.  So its time to order a rear sub frame ;/  On the bright side, i installed my new Zeta hand guards (acerbis were completely destroyed in the same crash) and they came out great.. LIke the look a lot more then the acerbis as they look like they are a stock part of the bike.  They are the titanium handguard with the X2 plastic.  I also got the cycra pro bend plastic bumpers and installed those.. Had to drill and tap to fit.  Also had to heat the plastic up a touch and bend to confirm to the zeta hand guard.. Was easy though..  

Im ordering a rear subframe off ebay and today and hope to be back out on the trails next weekend :)

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 5.JPG

whats the rear subframe made of? steel right? thats easy to weld. i would just try to heat that one and bend it back as close as possible. i wouldnt change it until i HAD to. then you wont worry about messing up the new one..

whats the rear subframe made of? steel right? thats easy to weld. i would just try to heat that one and bend it back as close as possible. i wouldnt change it until i HAD to. then you wont worry about messing up the new one..

No, its Aluminium

• Like 2

ya if it was steel i would of welded it that day and tried to bend it again.  Lesson definitely learned :) an expensive one at that!

It kind of amazes me how easy the sub frame bends when the bike was basically designed to take some abuse considering its still a dirt bike.

new (used) subframe in hand.. $270 for it ;/  should be riding this weekend!!