Sign in to follow this  

350 XCW Fuel Range

I just bought my first fuel injected bike. I'm trying to figure out the fuel range on the stock tank?

My calculations are I can get 130 miles on one tank? Is that what you are calculating?

Thanks.

If your fuel tank holds 2.5 gal, you would need to average 52 mpg in order to go 130 miles. In the real world that is rather unlikely unless you were just cruising along in 6th gear.

For perspective, my 2009 450XCF with 1 tooth taller up front than stock gets 34-35 mpg riding a mix of fast desert double track and some single track thrown in. 

My CRF450X used to average 35 mpg (would dip to 30 mpg on desert race pace) on the same terrain. My XR650R would do 32-33 mpg (would dip to 25 mpg during desert race pace).

My 2009 KTM 690E with 1 tooth taller than stock up front averages 48 mpg on above terrain. 

I have had a lot of carbureted bikes five different 450's three 400's. They all ran 30 - 45 miles per gallon. This is a fuel injected bike and appears it gets 50 mpg. I am going for another ride this weekend and was curious before I left how far I could go. I'll test the mileage and report back.

I have calculated my mileage several times now. Trail riding in the mountains at a fast pace I am getting over 50 miles per gallon.

I'm surprised they don't tout that more in the advertising of EFI bikes.

• Like 1