Sign in to follow this  

crf150f doesn't have enough power

i bought a 2009 crf 150f for a play bike, i saw a ton of videos of people wheeling them in third gear, but mine doesn't even wanna stand up in first gear! i weigh 165 pounds and even when i throw my self back as hard as i can, i can't get the front up!

Edited by tymonw1234

You’ll have better luck finding an answer in the correct section of the forum, but anyhow….

The CRF150F is not a wheelie machine, it’s what you said, a play bike. It’s got 13, maybe 14 horse power, enough to pull you around, but not pull wheelies.

• Like 1

You’ll have better luck finding an answer in the correct section of the forum, but anyhow….

The CRF150F is not a wheelie machine, it’s what you said, a play bike. It’s got 13, maybe 14 horse power, enough to pull you around, but not pull wheelies.

It's actually only 11 rwhp, but you're spot on.

The CRF150F is a mild-mannered beginner's bike. It's not a competition machine.

It's a 150. Same engine size.

With that thought, a crf 250r should be on the same level as an xr 250r? One is a high rpm liquid cooled motocross bike, the other is an air cooled play bike. One has closed cartridge suspension and disc brakes all around, the other has open bath forks and a drum.

• Like 1

It's a 150. Same engine size. But excuse me as I don't keep up with F or R or that stuff.

It's like comparing a 230 to a 250f motocross bike..

Edit: seems like ktmthing beat me to it.

Edited by nholden98
  • Like 1

It's a 150. Same engine size. But excuse me as I don't keep up with F or R or that stuff.

That's like comparing an XR250 to a CRF250R.

The 150F is an 11 hp 8000 rpm air-cooled engine in a cheap frame with cheap limited adjustment trail-bike suspension. The 150R is a 26 hp 12,000 rpm liquid-cooled MX four-stroke in a modern MX chassis with fully adjustable modern MX suspension.

I should have been more clear, i have riden my friends crf150f, i could easily get it to wheelie, i think my dirt bike has something wrong with it, and i am getting even less power out of it then i should be. I change the oil every 15 hours and clean my air filter ever 5, i am pretty good with tinkering with shit, and im wondering if there could be a problem with it that i could fix

I should have been more clear, i have riden my friends crf150f, i could easily get it to wheelie, i think my dirt bike has something wrong with it, and i am getting even less power out of it then i should be. I change the oil every 15 hours and clean my air filter ever 5, i am pretty good with tinkering with shit, and im wondering if there could be a problem with it that i could fix

Wll unfortunately, just saying it's down on power gives us nothing to work with.

Ho many hours on the engine? 

Is it hard to start when cold or hot?

Does it smoke?

When were the valves adjusted last? Have they ever even been checked?

How old is the spark plug?

Has the carb ever been cleaned?

Is it running lean/rich?

Is the clutch slipping?

Is the muffler core clogged with something?

Does your bike have the same gearing (sprockets) as his?

There are just way to many things for us to guess at until you start checking some things on your own and let us know what you find.

Edited by Chokey
  • Like 1

i bought a 2009 crf 150f for a play bike, i saw a ton of videos of people wheeling them in third gear, but mine doesn't even wanna stand up in first gear! i weigh 165 pounds and even when i throw my self back as hard as i can, i can't get the front up!

at 165 lbs you should easily pull it up, my YZ250F has no problems with wheelies! :) lol but my TT-R230 does great in first or second and third i can pull the bike up a little bit harder but I don't ever have to use the clutch to wheelie if you just preload the shocks (lean real far forward) then gun it and pull real hard up and back!