Sign in to follow this  

Ktm wp 4cs suspension where to go

I have the new Ktm factory edition 450, has anyone had any luck sending the new wp 4cs suspension out. If so where too, I was thinking of sending to factory connection but I was curious if anybody has any input on what had worked for them. I know the 4cs stuff are new to the moto line and probably are early on in testing stage for suspension tuners but has anyone found somebody to get them going good? Thanks

I just got mine done through RidePG suspension and it was night and day different. They were also cheaper then everywhere else I got quotes from. They are also an authorised factory wp business and will do any updates to your stuff if there are revision changes

• Like 1

I am expecting to get mine back from "WP Factory Services" today...Hopefully.  I should get a chance to try them this weekend.  Some of what I told them to correct is:

Need them a bit more plush in around the top 10% of stroke and then more progressive to prevent blowing through the rest of the stroke along with better bottoming resistance. Remove the harsh midstroke.

Edited by Zip-tyDuctTape

I second MXTech. I don't think anyone knows more about the 4CS than Wilkey (sans-wp factory services). He has a new redesigned system for the 4CS even. External high speed, mid speed and low speed compression adjusters. Better mid valve. And speed sensisitive bottoming control (Huck valve). Just released this week.

• Like 1

I second MXTech. I don't think anyone knows more about the 4CS than Wilkey (sans-wp factory services). He has a new redesigned system for the 4CS even. External high speed, mid speed and low speed compression adjusters. Better mid valve. And speed sensisitive bottoming control (Huck valve). Just released this week.

From WP Factory Services Website:

There are four WP Authorized Centers across the U.S.: PG Suspension, Factory Connection, Suspension Direct Inc. (SDI) and Race Tech. These WP Authorized Centers will not only offer service and maintenance of WP suspension components, but will also serve as exclusive distributors of WP’s premium A-Kit suspension. Known as the Cone Valve fork and TRAX shock, this factory-direct technology is the ultimate in performance, and will now be available to consumers through WP Authorized Centers.

Mx tech is great but extremly expensive, if they where mine id send them to ridepg. Ive used mx tech and F/C. ZACH at f/c is the best to deal with great guy n f/c customer service and turn around is by far the best. I loved my mx tech stuff it cost me $2300, i wouldnt do it again but was never ultimately satisfied with the wp cc stuff which led me to selling it and buying the ohlins rfx forks n ttx shock, by far the smartest thing i ever did!

I'm heading over to Factory Connection in NH tomorrow morning to get my 15 Re-valved and a heavier rear spring. I'm planning on riding it Thursday so I'll post up my thoughts. The stock forks seem harsh and the shock seems to kick like its bottoming in a set of rollers we have at the track. Unless its packing, but if I back off on the rebound it seems to pogo. 

Mike, can't wait for the results especially the forks. Any quote on cost?

Revalve front and rear and a rear spring is $550 less the sponsorship discount they give me.

Revalve front and rear and a rear spring is $550 less the sponsorship discount they give me.

Plan on giving them $300 more than you were quoted, just sayin.

Edited by j368
  • Like 1

Dicks racing laughed when i told him the quote from one of the magazines about no one having experience with the new forks. I just got them back from him and rode Sat and Sunday. Forks and Shock are just as plush as my 13 i had done at Dicks. Best suspension Ive ridden and highly recommend ! I have the 15' 350 sxf.

• Like 1

Dicks racing laughed when i told him the quote from one of the magazines about no one having experience with the new forks. I just got them back from him and rode Sat and Sunday. Forks and Shock are just as plush as my 13 i had done at Dicks. Best suspension Ive ridden and highly recommend ! I have the 15' 350 sxf.

that would be a matter of perspective.  while the 4CS have existed on the XC bikes (of which I am sure Dick's had plenty of experience), the starting points (i.e. travel, valving, spring rates, etc) for the MX bikes were an unknown before the 2014 FE.  to that end, no one had any experience with 4CS as it applied a bike designed for the track.  factor in the change to the rear geometry of the 2014FE and the 2015 bikes, and you could potentially have to change your approach to re-valving the forks in order to balance the bike's suspension out. 

Edited by tdc_worm

that would be a matter of perspective. while the 4CS have existed on the XC bikes (of which I am sure Dick's had plenty of experience), the starting points (i.e. travel, valving, spring rates, etc) for the MX bikes were an unknown before the 2014 FE. to that end, no one had any experience with 4CS as it applied a bike designed for the track. factor in the change to the rear geometry of the 2014FE and the 2015 bikes, and you could potentially have to change your approach to re-valving the forks in order to balance the bike's suspension out.

He still laughed, and my suspension is night and day compared to stock. Just sayin!

He still laughed, and my suspension is night and day compared to stock. Just sayin!

Cool!  Dick's gets good reviews for sure.  The same mag that said that is the same mag that raves about the Dick's carb/intellijet mod if my memory serves me.

Did you get your revalve for MX?

Plan on giving them $300 more than you were quoted, just sayin.

Just got back from FC and put my bike back together. Hope to get out and ride it tomorrow. As for the pricing it was exactly what they told me. Front and rear revalve, rear spring and fluids was $550 and with the sponsorship help it was only $450. Great bunch of guys, very helpful and informative.

• Like 2

I dropped my WP shock off at FC in Barrington, NH and got a call the next day that the work was going to be about twice what I was quoted. With no other viable option I gave them the go-ahead. I was told the shock would be ready by the following Thursday or Friday depending on if they could get the order in before shipping stopped for the day. 3+ weeks later, after the parts ended up at the wrong FC facility and then got lost in transit, and many excuses I got my shock back. I was EXTREMELY cool about it, even my salesman (Kevin - good guy) said how he was surprised I was keeping it together, but when the parts got lost when shipping to themselves I had to speak up. I actually put in a complaint through their website explaining the situation. Not 2 hours later I got a call from Steve Ross who very much smoothed things over. He had them replace every moving part as well as the bushings for the price of a rebuild.

The shock is amazing and FC has a squeaky clean reputation. I'd definitely be willing to write it off and do business with them again, off season of course.

• Like 1

Cool! Dick's gets good reviews for sure. The same mag that said that is the same mag that raves about the Dick's carb/intellijet mod if my memory serves me.

Did you get your revalve for MX?

got the gp valving. Works great in the woods and for vet class mx ( which i do mostly) for single track i adjust the compression 7 clicks out and it works great. It isnt overly soft , but always subtle. Very impressed so far.