If I use my drz400 on the road a lot what sprocket sizes should get front and back ?

Abit of highway but mainly around town. At the moment it just revs abit hight around the 90ks

The stock 14/47T is going to be revving a bit on the highway...If your not hitting slow dirt trails much I would go 15/44T....

You will need to get a 15T case saver from the dealer or or grind you 14T case saver down some so you can fit a 15 T sprocket in there. ...

Edited by Craig-o

My front is a 13 and the back I think is a 49 and I need to replace my front sprocket cause the teeth are bent what size should I make the front sprocket if I'm on the road more or should I keep it the same size

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1409277237.178057.jpg

Does that meen it's 49 tooth

My front is a 13 and the back I think is a 49 and I need to replace my front sprocket cause the teeth are bent

Bent teeth, or just worn? Either way odds are extremely high the rear sprocket and chain are also worn out. You should replace both sprockets and the chain as a set. If you have that much wear/damage to one sprocket the others are sure to also be in rough shape. If any one of the three pieces is worn, it will quickly wear out your new components

Edited by OhioYJ
  • Like 4

Oh okay dam :/ was hoping to just replace the front but yes the front sprocket teeth are bent but the back sprocket looked okay

The front sprocket wears much quicker, but usually what people call bent teeth are just extremely worn. However I'd be willing to bet the old rear sprocket doesn't look as good as you think it does if you compare it to a new one.

If you replace it all together everything will last much longer. I usually shop around for sprocket / chain kits, many times I find eBay the cheapest.

Yeah I was just looking on eBay and there's some deals for the chain and the 2 sprockets for about $180 not to bad

$180 better be a top quality chain and name brand sprockets. I definitely wouldnt buy the cheap stuff, but I'm surprised its that high. Of course it could be since you are in Australia? That's close to the price I just paid for the kit for my R6, which used a SuperSprox rear sprocket, and high quality chain.

Maybe that's just the going rate at the moment.