Sign in to follow this  

why no stunting (whips, scrubs, big air) on 85cc bikes ?

I'm puzzled !

Why do you never see the smaller dirtbikes ( 85cc, 100cc ) doing the cool stunts like scrubs, whips, backflips, big air, .. ?

Is it much harder to do on the smaller-sized bikes ?

( that would be odd, cause the 1st backflip ever was supposedly done on a cr80 )

I'm asking cause I'm seriously thinking bout stepping down to an 85 or an 100. I currently have a 2-stroke RM125 and i feels damn big, long and heavy for me - i cant picture myself ever being able to do some stunts on it (i'm 5"6 and weigh 120. before you ask, no i dont expect to grow any taller ha! )

I would think that it should be easier to get into those kinda stunts on a smaller, lighter bike ( should be easier to throw around like that ) - but then i never see anyone doing that stuff on the smaller bikes.

Anyone know why ? Is it (even) harder on a smaller bike ?

Thx!

been riding 2-3 years total. i know that "officially" i should fit on a 125 - and I can ride it fine, but doing stunts like i see on all the youtube vids ? hmmm ... wouldnt i (or anyone for that matter) have it easier getting these moves down on a smaller, lighter bike, then stepping back up to fullsize ?

Edited by meangreenmachine

If you can't do the moves on the current bike you have then you need to hold off on doing them until your skill advances to the point you're comfortable in doing them. In my honest opinion though, you should stick to just regular whips and scrubs. Nothing to crazy that could seriously injure you.

I'm puzzled !

Why do you never see the smaller dirtbikes ( 85cc, 100cc ) doing the cool stunts like scrubs, whips, backflips, big air, .. ?

Is it much harder to do on the smaller-sized bikes ?

( that would be odd, cause the 1st backflip ever was supposedly done on a cr80 )

I'm asking cause I'm seriously thinking bout stepping down to an 85 or an 100. I currently have a 2-stroke RM125 and i feels damn big, long and heavy for me - i cant picture myself ever being able to do some stunts on it (i'm 5"6 and weigh 120. before you ask, no i dont expect to grow any taller ha! )

I would think that it should be easier to get into those kinda stunts on a smaller, lighter bike ( should be easier to throw around like that ) - but then i never see anyone doing that stuff on the smaller bikes.

Anyone know why ? Is it (even) harder on a smaller bike ?

Thx!

The 80cc bikes are not supposed to be ridden by riders larger than 60kg / 132 lbs. 

You would likely stress it too much and end up killed or injured (more likely than ordinary freestyle) By all means chase the dream but stay on your 125.

Smaller bikes ARE harder to ride. 

• Like 1

Heavier bikes are easier to learn on. Pit bikes are fun for tricks but practice on a big bike. You tend to be more careful when there is potentially a 300lb peace of metal about to land on you.