Sign in to follow this  

Crf 230 fork help

I have a 2004 crf230f and the front forks are really spongy. The seals aren't leaking but wondering if adding fluid and where would stiffen them up? Any other trucks besides getting emulators or for swaps?

I have a 2004 crf230f and the front forks are really spongy. The seals aren't leaking but wondering if adding fluid and where would stiffen them up? Any other trucks besides getting emulators or for swaps?

New fork springs with a heavier weight.

Modified damping rod or Emulators.

Fresh fork oil with the correct viscosity.

How much do you weigh?

Where do you ride, what is the terrain like?

• Like 1

New fork springs with a heavier weight.

Modified damping rod or Emulators.

Fresh fork oil with the correct viscosity.

How much do you weigh?

Where do you ride, what is the terrain like?

Also maybe a higher oil level.

It's a buddy bike, but i took it for a spin yesterday and noticed they gave a lot. Just something to help stiffen it a bit. Friends ride it and they never complain but I noticed it.

If it's only bottoming once or twice per lap it's fine.  The forks feel mushy at the top because of the progressive springs.  You can prevent bottoming by adding 1/2 ounce of fork oil to each fork leg.  You can reduce some of the mushy feel by installing one BBR fork spring in one fork leg.

Ok I look at my service Manuel as how to add some oil. Thanks is don't need it to be a race bike, we just run trails

Ok I look at my service Manuel as how to add some oil. Thanks is don't need it to be a race bike, we just run trails

Put the bike on a stand.  Loosen the top set of fork tube pinch bolts.  Remove the two top fork caps.  Add 10cc or 1/2 ounce of 10w fork oil to each fork leg.  Install the two top fork caps.  Tighten the top set of fork tube pinch bolts.

Go ride!