Sign in to follow this  

Is it normal for oil to come out of this side plug when I take it out ?

Yeah hah also swing arm bearing replacement is it hard to do ?

It can be.. depending on the condition of the bearings, whether anyone has ever serviced them before and the environment the bike has been used in since new. 

Go to the FAQ and read the article on servicing the swing arm bearings.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/566760-swingarm-and-rear-suspension-maintenance/

Do a few searches in this forum..

Swing arm bearings

Swing arm bolt stuck

swing arm bolt seized

removing stuck swing arm bolt.

Read others tales of servicing the bearings and then decide for yourself if it is hard

Yeah I am abit worried don't think the swing arm bearings have been changed in a while and I might have to get the motorbike mechanic to do it. Don't have enough knowledge just yet to do that :/

you need to check all the bolts in the linkage

The bolt that joins the linkage to the frame is also very prone to seizing to the sleeve which the bearing runs on

This one is the worst to get out co you can't get to it straight on to hammer it out, coz the frame is in the way

It needs to come out every year to be greased, as do the rest of them

Edited by GuyGraham

I noticed that you are new to our forum and suggest that you read the entire FAQ section at the top of page before asking too many questions.  Most of the things you can imagine will be in there.

Welcome to TT!

Yeah I am abit worried don't think the swing arm bearings have been changed in a while and I might have to get the motorbike mechanic to do it. Don't have enough knowledge just yet to do that :/

My bike is a 2002.  The swing arm bearings have never been changed.  Don't replace them unless they need to be replaced.  I drop my swingarm every year to clean and grease the bearings. 

My bike is a 2002.  The swing arm bearings have never been changed.  Don't replace them unless they need to be replaced.  I drop my swingarm every year to clean and grease the bearings. 

" I drop my swingarm every year to clean and grease the bearings."

And that is likely why you have not had to change them.. Well done  :applause: 

​It's not about any preemptive parts swap... it's about HOW to change them when they need it. :thumbsup:  

Sorry guys for asking so many questions when majority of my questions are in the FAQ. Just new to thumper talk