Sign in to follow this  

2014 EXC valve shims different?

I just checked my valves on my 2014 EXC at 15 hours and I have a intake valve that's on the tight side of the scale more like 0.09mm. So I wanted to order a shim kit, looked it up and it states I need a 8.90mm OD shim kit. Looked it up on the a oem ktm fiche and shows D=10. Prior years 2012 and 2013 it comes up with the 10mm kit. We'll the easiest way is to pull it and check. But I wanted the kit on hand before I go back in there. Can anyone verify if it's 8.90 or 10mm shim for the 2014?

Sorry needed to mention its a 2014 500 exc..

On the microfiche it says D=8.9, I would go with the 8.9mm OD.

Well I ordered the kit that was stated will fit my machine 8.90mm, the fiche on many KTM part stores seem to be wrong showing 10mm. KTM USA site shows the 8.9 as stated above and they have an * on various parts including springs, intake valve, retainers and shims stating that these are new for this model year. Seems I can't utilize the harley/buell shims if I needed them locally. Wonder why they changed these valve train parts?

So valve shims in, confirms that the 2014 exc uses 8.90mm valve shims. All my valves seem to be tight so replaced all according. Don't know if it's just me or I haven't been on it in a little while seem to be running real good. Responsive, even when it was really warmed up. I felt it was lacking before or mabe it's just in my head.