Sign in to follow this  

Which premix to use on 300xc 2014

I just bought a new ktm 300xc and im new with2 stokes so im just wondering whats a good premix and ratio performance is my main concern but i want to find something that also smells good

What kind of riding will you be doing? Kind of terrain? What kind of rider are you? Lots of throttle, riding with your hair on fire, or more of a mellow, lazy trail rider or somewhere in between?

I just mostly woods pretty rough and rocky terrain. But then theres some openings where your WOT and i also do motocross sometimes and im a pretty aggressive rider

What can you get easily from your local shop? That is probably what I would do. Or buy it in bulk from Rocky Mountain or somewhere like it. Most pre mixes smell pretty good to me but Klotz stands out as a good smeller haha. I run Honda HP2. Mix between 40:1 and 60:1 check the oil bottle to see what the oil is designed to be mixed at.

The KTM dealer only carries motorex and that stuff expensive and dosnt really have a smell

Well that is going to be a problem then. Check out some other shops if there are any or go the online route.

Basically everyone is going to have a different opinion on what oil is best for whatever reasons but pick a good oil and ratio mix it the same way and jet your bike accordingly.

Some are better than others probably but you could get away running just about any kind of oil in there if you had to so don't fret about it to much. Some auto parts or hardware stores carry good pre mix.

Motorex, Rocky Mountain sells the gallon jug at a fair price....works out to be about  1/2 the cost that my local dealer sells it for.

i run amsoil interceptor 44:1 and I ride in terrain like u; alot of open fast stuff along with tighter stuff and i have great results. I would go 50:1 and have run it at that before but i just feel better with it at 44:1 so thats what i stick with. 

Jeesus the last thing I worry about with my 2T oil is SMELL.  But if you really must then any Caster based oil smells pretty good,..   Me?  I just add some Brute, Canoe, or Old Spice dependin on my mood..