Michelin AC10

Not really Yamaha specific...but, these tires are specifically on my bike.

I wasn't really excited after riding on this set of tires.  I can't specifically explain why other than they didn't do anything that stood out in my mind as excellent.  Like, excellent hookup in the loose dirt, or excellent push in loose sand.

The front tire, however, I've noticed that it's like a pizza cutter wheel.  Especially in sand.  I have to ease the front into a turn because if I turn too quickly (which isn't quick at all), the front digs in and CARVES a turn over hard.

I have a Pirelli mid-hard on my XT350.  After eyeballing the two tires--they are both 80/100/21's, I started to think the Michelin was skinnier.  Calipers confirmed the Pirelli is a full 3/8 inch wider measured not on the knobs, but on the smooth portion of the carcass.

So, I'm going back to Pirelli.

Once I wear out the back tire, I'm going to throw a Kenda Trackmaster II on it.  These aren't the longest lasting tire, but they hook up good, and push loose sand well enough.

I find the backs OK, but the fronts, as said above are awful. They are bad enough in the dry, but in anything damp or muddy they are lethal and wash out without warning on corner entry, mid corner or corner exit if you make it that far

Almost anything, even worn, is a huge improvement

How a company that makes good tires like the s12xc can make something so bad as the ac10 is beyond me

Get rid of it asap

Edited by GuyGraham