Sign in to follow this  

RFY shock ?

I was sniffing around eBay the other day and came across RFY shocks......

I searched a bit and it sounds like with a oil change and a recharge of Nitrogen you end up with a decent set of shocks for a 1/4 of the price of (good) shocks.

My question is has anyone actually used these shocks? And can give real world feedback?

I have seen them on road bikes but nothing off-road.

I'm looking for a upgrade on a late 70s RM and maybe new front shocks for my 87 250R.

I have them on my 73 Honda cb750 and they are terribly haha. Cheap materials. Cheaply made. If I did it again I would shell out the extra cash for a halfway decent pair. The only thing they do well is look OK from a distance. They are super harsh. Very stiff.

• Like 1

I have them on my 73 Honda cb750 and they are terribly haha. Cheap materials. Cheaply made. If I did it again I would shell out the extra cash for a halfway decent pair. The only thing they do well is look OK from a distance. They are super harsh. Very stiff.

Two things to mention for those. First, did you buy the right spring rate? They only have a few different spring rates and you may have gotten one that's incorrect. Second, they have air in the damper out of the box. If you crack them open and give them a good bleed they're better.

Edited by kan3

Kan3 that's what I herd also, air and poor quality oil.

I found a guy that explains what they need to make them a decent shock for the money.

I believe he disassemble them to confirm there put together right then he uses a good quality shock oil and recharges them to the proper spec with Nitrogen.

I would like some feedback from someone who has actually used them on there bike or quad before I spend any cash.

I might just have to order a set for the front of my 87 250R and find out......