42 minutes ago, JefeRotacion said:

I stopped to shoot a grouse

On 10/30/2019 at 7:52 PM, dirtjumpordie said:

The whole "Adventure bike" thing is something that you kind of have to look at from a different perspective than most of us off road and motocross guys have.  Don't look at it as something thats trying to be a dualsport or dirtbike.  Its a streetbike thats slightly more rugged.  Like buying a 2001-2009 4x4 trail blazer instead of buying a minivan.    

I look at it like this: They are street bikes.  Most of these guys are basically sport-touring riders.  These ADV bikes are pretty much sport-touring bikes that are less fragile than most sport-touring bikes.  They are great at everything you would want a streetbike for.  Lots of power, very comfy, they have sporty handling, they can take a lot of miles with low maintenance, etc etc.  But they are more rugged than a street bike. 

For example:  I would rather have a KTM 1290 Super Adventure than a KTM 1290 Super Duke GT

True but even shorter: The "adventure" is defined by each rider. What each one of us think about what they ride and how matters not. Or, it shouldn't.