Exhaust system for my 2014 300xc-w

If your familiar with the xc-w... I would like more hit off bottom in 3rd gear specifically. I ride harescrambles and notice when a coming out of turns it takes a while for 3rd to come alive. You can feather the clutch and manually raise rpm. On this bike second gear signs off really quick. Need something to zip from corner to corner in tight woods. I probably could just stay in second but its not as smooth as a ride. To sum things up I would like more hit on bottom in 3rd gear without having to shift from 2nd to 3rd so much coming in and out of corners

For real though... What's a good exhaust?

I would play around with the gearing and pv springs, first. That stuff is cheap, also, the stock pipe set-up is actually pretty good. Well, as long as you don't need a spark arrestor. If you are dead set on getting an expansion chamber, the gnarly is a good choice. Another thing that you can look into is either the jd jetting kit or switching to the suzuki needle (I don't know the specific model number of the needle, but it is easily found with a bit of digging).

Edited by orangyktmthing

I would play around with the gearing and pv springs, first. That stuff is cheap, also, the stock pipe set-up is actually pretty good. Well, as long as you don't need a spark arrestor. If you are dead set on getting an expansion chamber, the gnarly is a good choice. Another thing that you can look into is either the jd jetting kit or switching to the suzuki needle (I don't know the specific model number of the needle, but it is easily found with a bit of digging).

NECJ out of a 2008 Suzuki RM250 it really works well in these bikes.

The stock pipe and silencer on these bikes really is a very good system. You could go for a shorter silencer if you are looking for more bottom. A PC 304 or I guess even a shorty the R304 or FMF also makes shortys but that is all dependent on if you need a sparky or not.

I agree with the advice to play with your power valve and gearing before any thing else though

So if I got a gnarly... I would need the expansion chamber? I'm new to KTM and 2t.

The Gnarly is an expansion chamber not a silencer

With my XCW adding 2 teeth to the rear sprocket solved my problem.  Take a few minutes to tune your power valve. Try one turn in and one turn out to see the difference.  I ended up one turn in with the red spring.

Well if you want quicker accelleration, then you want more teeth on the rear and less on the front. 13/51 is what ive been running on my bikes for the past 3 years and find it perfect

What was the stock setup?

My 14' came with 13/50 and it seems perfect for me.

An aftermarket expansion chamber is not always "better" in the sense of power. The KTM chambers are all well tuned imho, by changing the chamber you're really just moving the power around in most cases, rarely do you get "more"  everywhere. 

Gnarly - Yes it will increase the bottom end power of the bike but at the expense of top end power.

Fatty - I prefer this pipe as it has about the same bottom end power but gives a bit of extra juice up top. 

The FMF pipes are more durable as the stockers are likely to crack and break. That being said I've used and even repaired many of the stock exhausts because they work well imho. As others have stated youi're probably better off doing what the others have stated.