hawaiidirtrider

BETA supermoto...street.. thread

1 hour ago, lom said:

I'll stick to 2st's (even for supermoto) but riding that 480RE had me thinking how great it would be as a SM! Way too much for me offroad but on the asphalt emoji16.png

It’s more of a handful than a small bike but Beta big bores are more gentle for a big bore.. and still got lots of power.  I like 2 strokes and bigger bore Betas for dirt too. All these supermotos look cool though!!!

1 hour ago, aaronmooreracing said:

Well the stock Nissin caliper is too weak for sumo and a 320 rotor. Next up I’m trying a yzfR6 radial 4 pot caliper and mount.

R6 caliper will probably be too wide and hit the spokes. I'd try to find a Brembo 100mm Duke caliper or something similar. I'm currently researching a four pot setup now as well. 

R6 caliper will probably be too wide and hit the spokes. I'd try to find a Brembo 100mm Duke caliper or something similar. I'm currently researching a four pot setup now as well. 

I found one on eBay for 27 bucks. I’ll test it. If not oh well. It’s a 108mm spaced radial.

Hello to you my fellow Beta brothers. Wondering if you might know of the needed caliper relocation bracket for my 2011 Beta 450 RS/SM (dealer installed sumo with RAD wheels. Al least I believe them to be RAD. There are no #'s or markings. I recently bought a 320mm rotor. Need the caliper bracket, still. NOOO luck so far. Thanks!! (Oh-would also loooovvve to figure out how to run a larger caliper as aaronmooreracing mentioned)

• Like 1

My 11' 450

IMG_3379.jpg.1a8701ecff6707e65e102e11b2fefdcd.jpg

Measure your caliper bolt spacing(fork lugs if it is 102 mm and it’s a Nissin caliper with a 64.5mm caliper boot spacing then it is Braking bracket #POW 84 you can get on Amazon.

IMG_1929.JPG

• Like 1

Thank you so much! Ill have to recheck tonight. What I have written down is 103 mm fork mount and 66 mm caliper 

• Like 1

Measure your caliper bolt spacing if it is 102 mm then it is Braking bracket #POW 84 you can get on Amazon.

That should work then getting the measurement accurate is tough at best!
  • Like 1

Winner WINNER! We have the frick'n winner!! That measurement seems to work and now have the bracket to order, POW84. Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much! I have been working on this for some time now, it seems. I have been having rotor envy for some time now; two buddies have Aprilia SXV550's. I dont even use the brakes in the twisties. Just bang the gears down. Fun fun fun. What a great machine. So forgiving. Anyway, thanks again. Now, if all this damn cold n snow would leave town (NE corner of Indiana)! 😉  

• Like 3