Sign in to follow this  

Kailub Russell racing the 150

This whole thing is a internet spoof!!!! No way anyone could beat all the factory 450s on a measly 150 2T........Yea right LOL

This whole thing is a internet spoof!!!! No way anyone could beat all the factory 450s on a measly 150 2T........Yea right LOL

I don't mean to be rude, but are you retarded?

The whole win on Sunday sell on Monday may be having an affect on me. I have a love for small bore bikes and apparently the 150 is competitive at that level. Impressive.

Pull the trigger...the 150's are crazy fun to ride!

• Like 2

Pull the trigger...the 150's are crazy fun to ride!

As you know from the KTM forum I've been a fan of the 200's but since they went to the bigger frame I"m less interested. I crave the 125 feeling and so I'm thinking these 150's may be what I need. 

As you know from the KTM forum I've been a fan of the 200's but since they went to the bigger frame I"m less interested. I crave the 125 feeling and so I'm thinking these 150's may be what I need.

I didn't know thy changed the frame on the 200, I thought the 125, 150 and 200 shared the same frame? I'm guessing the new 200 frame is shared with the 250 and 300, too bad they changed it, the 200 is/was next on my list of bikes I'd like to own.

I will say that the 150 is an excellent bike. I have always had more fun on small bores, and the 150 is the perfect balance of weight and power for me. The bike was excellent in stock trim, I made a few minor tweaks and it's even better.

I didn't know thy changed the frame on the 200, I thought the 125, 150 and 200 shared the same frame? I'm guessing the new 200 frame is shared with the 250 and 300, too bad they changed it, the 200 is/was next on my list of bikes I'd like to own.

I will say that the 150 is an excellent bike. I have always had more fun on small bores, and the 150 is the perfect balance of weight and power for me. The bike was excellent in stock trim, I made a few minor tweaks and it's even better.

yes the 200 frame is the same size as the 250/300 but the motor mounts are different, you can always buy a 125 and make it a 200 though

yes the 200 frame is the same size as the 250/300 but the motor mounts are different, you can always buy a 125 and make it a 200 though

I keep kicking around the idea of turning my 150 into a 200, but I really don't feel the need for more motor. The 150 is plenty fast, and has plenty of low end for the type of riding I do. The 1000 + - it would cost to do the conversion buys a lot of tires, oil, top ends etc..

I'm hoping they will start making a 200xc again, if they did I'd get a little more serious about it, after having a 150 I'm not sure I'd be happy without one.

Edited by poldies4
  • Like 1

I keep kicking around the idea of turning my 150 into a 200, but I really don't feel the need for more motor. The 150 is plenty fast, and has plenty of low end for the type of riding I do. The 1000 + - it would cost to do the conversion buys a lot of tires, oil, top ends etc..

I'm hoping they will start making a 200xc again, if they did I'd get a little more serious about it, after having a 150 I'm not sure I'd be happy without one.

This is true, more time on the bike and less wrenching will do you more good, I really need to find someone with a 150 I can try.

• Like 1

This is true, more time on the bike and less wrenching will do you more good, I really need to find someone with a 150 I can try.

Next time you are in Michigan you can do a few laps on mine...;)

Edited by poldies4
  • Like 1

Can we set it up for some ice racing???

Bring your mittens, it gets cold here...

ac5e3720449f588615b499b2cd671e9b_zpsbd7c

Studding some tires for you now.

Edited by poldies4
  • Like 1

Did you guys read the build list on that 150? Over 12k. That's probably the most tricked out 150 in the world. Not trying to take anything away from KR because I'm sure the other top pro rider's are equally tricked out. Takes a strong rider to keep it on the pipe for 3 hours.

• Like 2

Did you guys read the build list on that 150? Over 12k. That's probably the most tricked out 150 in the world. Not trying to take anything away from KR because I'm sure the other top pro rider's are equally tricked out. Takes a strong rider to keep it on the pipe for 3 hours.

if I understood it correctly the fmf pipe was hands built from Ti. That's pretty freaking trick.
  • Like 1